Chapter 32

As you leaned forward slightly, the wizards took off in the most dramatic way. They all found a window to jump out of and took off into the darkness, running as fast as they could.

A second later, you followed - jumping out of a window, that is. There were so many human scents that were fleeing from you. You didn't know who to pick.

Perhaps you'd go with the one that was nearest to you; the one that was actually directly in front of you.

Laxus Dreyar.

You cocked your head to the side as a wide, devilish grin makes its way to your face. Laxus was about to say something, but then your stomach growled - having already digested the bird from earlier and wanted more. At that moment, your expression hardened, turning very serious.

"(Y/N)," Laxus called your name softly, "I know you're still in there. You can fight this." His eyes were practically pleading with you to stop the madness and come with him, back to Magnolia. "I know how strong you are. You can win."

You didn't respond to the blond standing before you. You just stared at him.

It was foolish really, to not run like the others, but you guess that he technically saved their lives. If he ran like the others, with your speed, you could've killed them all in seconds. But no, he's standing right here, whether he was trying to help you or distract you, you didn't know.

Laxus watched as you got into somewhat of a running stance. His eyes widened, knowing what was about to happen, and he took off running, using his magic to aid him.

Watching him run, you grinned before taking off after him. With your speed, you were "on his tail" in no time. Laxus noticed this and desperately used all of his magic, attempting to at least reach the others.

He bit his bottom lip in frustration as he did so.

Soon, he saw the group that he travelled here with. They were standing in a huddle, showing signs of fatigue.

"RUN!" Laxus shouted, continuing to make his way toward them.

His sudden booming voice startled the group, making them all turn their heads and look at him with wide eyes.

"Laxus, I'm glad you're safe." Freed spoke, "Where have you be-"

"NO TIME TO TALK!" The blond interrupted, "RUN!" The group looked confused at first, but then you moved so that you still ran behind Laxus - chasing him - but you were not directly behind him.

Once they saw you, their eyes practically popped out of their heads before they all took off running.

One guy wasn't so fortunate in getting away though.

In a flash, you had practically kidnapped Sting - covering his mouth with your hand so he couldn't call for help.

The group of mages didn't even realize that he was gone. At least, not yet.

Sting was thrown to the ground, grunting in pain as it happened. He whipped his head around and saw you towering over him. "(Y-Y/N) . ." He stuttered your name, scared out of his mind. He started inching away from you as you inched forward.

Licking your lips, you allowed your fangs to become present which made Sting gulp extremely hard. You reached down and grabbed Sting by the collar of his vest, opening your mouth and preparing for the first of many meals.

Then all of a sudden you were knocked over and you found yourself rolling down a hill - a rather bumpy hill.

Once you finally came to a stop, you hissed and sat up. Observing your surroundings, you noticed Laxus was laying not too far from you.

So he was the one who tackled you?

The growling of your stomach made your red eyes glow brighter.

"What the-" Vincent and Vivian appeared at the scene. Laxus was beginning to sit up and attempt to prepare himself for you when he saw your parents.

"Can't you do something about (Y/N)?" The blond asked.

"She's doing what she was born to do." Vincent replied, "This is her nature."

"But you must remember, dear," The man's wife spoke, "she did not grow up this way. She was raised and lived as a human."

"But now her true self is unleashed! And these friends of hers would understand if they were honestly her friends."

"I'm more than a mere friend." Laxus growled.

"You don't honestly think I'm letting my daughter end up with someone like you, do you?"

"Someone like what?" The blond glared at the male vampire.

"A human." Vincent emphasized, "We're vampires, you're human, it just simply won't work. (Y/N) needs one of her own as a potential husband, not someone she could easily conquer and use as a meal."

"Vincent, maybe you should rethink your method of approach?" Vivian suggested.

"No need, dear. This man is not worthy of (Y/N). There's no way I'd let him marry her."

"Who are you to decide?" Laxus spat, "It's (Y/N)'s life."

"I'm her loving and caring father. And you'll need my blessing, won't you?"

"Not after what you did." A new voice said. It was Joseph. He emerged from the rooftop of an abandoned building.

"Joseph!" Vivian gasped in horror while her husband prepared for a fight.

"Look at (Y/N)." Joseph said, gesturing to you who was quietly standing in the center of all of the commotion. "She's completely helpless right now, controlled by her insane hunger to the point where she is a mindless creature of the night." He smirked at the information that he was about to reveal, "And it's all thanks to her selfish daddy, Clan Leader Vincent, who undid her seal, despite the fact that she told you that she wanted to stay human."

"You did what?" Vivian turned to face her husband.

"You did this?" Laxus growled.

"I should thank you really." Joseph smirked, jumping from the building and landing firmly in his feet. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have come up with my new plan."

"And what would this plan happen to be?" The Clan Leader asked hesitantly.

"Watching (Y/N) murder her beloved human."

"Stop!" Vivian shouted, "There is no need for spilled blood!"

"Oh, but there is. I lost someone I love, so your daughter is going to lose someone she loves."

"You-" Laxus moved to take a step forward, but you were in front of him in an instant. Your normal (e/c) eyes no longer present like they were thirty minutes ago before you started chasing him. You were now completely under a hunger trance, your eyes bright red.

"(Y/N)-" He attempted to get through to you, but you pushed him backwards. With your newfound strength, the push sent him flying back a few feet which caused him to land on his back.

However, he quickly scrambled to his feet.

"Kill him." Joseph telepathically ordered to you, but in your current state, it merely sounded like an inner voice - a conscience, if you will.

From the corner of his eye, Joseph saw that your parents (or at least, your mother) were about to intervene.

"Forgot to mention," He said, appearing behind the two. "I'm taking over from here on out." He put a hand on one of their shoulders and they (Vincent and Vivian) were gone the next second.

Joseph smirked as he continued to watch you slowly approach Laxus, not knowing that the foreseen future was about to unfold.