Chapter 24

Laxus led you inside his house, setting your bags down by the front door. He didn't let go of your wrist until he sat down on the living room couch.

"What's going on?" You asked, a little scared.

"Do you still love me?" Laxus blurted out, but didn't make any attempts to retract what he said. He wasn't even looking at you; he was staring straight ahead into blank space.

"Wha-Laxus, why would you ask me that?" You questioned. It was weird that the guy you fell in love with at 16 years old and had been in a relationship with for about 7 years was questioning if you were, in fact, still in love with him.

"Just answer the question," He snapped, "because if you don't - if you don't love me - then we can break up right now."

"What has gotten into you?" You asked, irritated now. Since he refused to look at you, you stomped over and in front of his line of sight. "Is this some kind of sick joke?"

"IT'S NOT A JOKE, (Y/N)!" He shouted, furious. He was finally looking at you and as quickly as his attitude change came, he was also standing up, towering over you. "THIS IS MY LIFE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!" As soon as he realized what he had said, his facial expression softened and he sat back down.

Taken back, you gasped as your eyes widened. "Y-Your life?" You stuttered. You could hear Laxus groan softly as he ran a hand through his blond hair. "Wh-What are you talking about?" You managed to ask. No, it can't be!

There's no way Laxus is talking about those visions that you saw, right? How could he possibly know about it?

The male sighed as if giving up. "Sit." He said in a tired manner as if he had been stressing about this topic for a while, which he has. You nodded your head and sat down next to him, having an incredibly bad feeling deep within your gut. He took a deep breath and released it before beginning to confess everything.

"While you were gone on your job, I met this woman at a bar." He began. Your eyebrows furrowed together in suspicion. "Did you cheat on me?" The question came from your lips before you could even process it. Laxus immediately turned his head in order to look at you, "No, I promise I didn't. Just hear me out, okay?" You nodded at his request and stayed quiet.

He returned to facing forward and staring at nothing in particular. "Well, she told me to follow her, and I was pretty drunk, so I did. I never got her name, but she said she was warning me about the future. My future with you, (Y/N)." He finally looked at you again, and he was truly saddened by the words he was speaking. "If we stay together, then I'll probably die."

The room was quiet, neither one of you bothering to say anything. Laxus just stared at you with longing eyes.

"So you saw it too?" You finally concluded.

"Saw it?" He repeated. "The visions?"

"From the future." You nodded.

Realization hit both of you hard. But even though you both were given glimpses of the future, it wasn't a whole future. Just pieces of the puzzle.

That's what you were thinking, at least.

"Maybe we don't have to break up." You said, hope filling your body. "We weren't shown everything that's gonna happen. Just small bits and pieces."

"But (Y/N)-"

"Laxus," You wrapped your arms around his bicep, hugging it and squeezing with all the love you can muster. "I don't want to lose you. You heard the lady, we can change our fate. We're not breaking up and you're not dying."

You heard him sigh in a defeated-like manner. "You sure about this?" He asked.

"More than anything in the world." You responded.

He chuckled and did the sweetest thing: he leaned over and kissed your forehead. Only in private will Laxus be affectionate.

Well, sometimes in public, but it's rare.

Little did you or Laxus know, the future you were shown would fall into place sooner than you thought.

_________________

"Is this the place?"

"Yes, I can sense her. She's here."

"Finally, the royal family will be united."

"The clan will thrive with power once again, my son. We have waited far too long to rescue your sister."

"My dear older sister (Y/N) . . ."

"Worry not, (Y/N). We're coming to take you home."

--End of Chapter--

A/N: This chapter's WAY shorter than the others, but as you can tell, there's going to be some serious reveal and drama starting next chapter! I can't wait! 😂😂