Chapter 41

"What is this place?" Gray thought aloud.

Everyone entered, what appeared to be, a laboratory. But it was dim inside, making Natsu create a fire as a source of light.

"We should be careful." Erza stated, "The enemy could be anywhere."

"Yes, wouldn't want him to sneak up on you."

A deep, yet soothing voice spoke from the shadows.

"Who's there?" Freed asked, drawing his sword.

"Who I am is not of importance," The unknown man said, "but I do need you all to leave."

"We aren't leaving without Laxus!" Evergreen proclaimed.

"I can't let you do that." Large footsteps were heard, coming closer and closer to the group of wizards. "He's rather important to me."

"Why is that?" Erza asked sternly, requipping a sword.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Titania?" The enemy lunged out of the darkness, swiping his large claw at the wizards. The group dispersed, jumping out of the way.

The force of the swipe caused the floor beneath where the claws scratched to crack and give way, leaving a hole in the floor.

"Geez, how strong is this guy?" Gray said, observing the damage done.

"Guy?" Lucy shrieked, "You mean monster!"

True, the enemy before them was not human. He was a large creature -- a beast, if you will.

"Well, every monster has a weak spot! We'll just have to find it!" Erza shouted, requipping several swords before sending them toward the beast.

The beast stood still and appeared to be taking the hit, but once the swords reached him, they shattered into pieces.

Erza gasped, not expecting her attack to fail. Though, she wasn't the only one surprised. All of the wizards were shocked.

It's rare to see an attack from Erza fail.

"Nice try, Titania, but you can't touch me." The beast said, practically smirking. "None of you can touch me."

"Oh, yeah." Natsu challenged, "We'll just see about that! Fire Dragon's Roar!" The breath attack went toward the intended target, but dissipated once it reached him.

"Told you, Natsu Dragneel."

"How do you know me?" The fire dragon slayer asked.

"I know all of you. After all, you have to study your opponent in order to achieve victory." The beast's eyes wandered, scanning the group. "I'm pretty sure everybody knows a lot about you Fairy Tail wizards. You're famous, but that doesn't mean you can beat me. As long as I have Laxus, I'm unstoppable."

"What could Laxus possibly provide you with?" Erza asked, demanding to know.

"Power." He growled, attacking again. He turned his right claw into a fist and directed it toward the redhead.

She requipped into her Adamantine Armor -- the ultimate defense -- but when contact was made, the shield and her armor shattered and Erza flew backwards, injured from the punch.

It was a scene similar to that of her encounter with the Jupiter canon.

"Erza!" Happy called, flying over to her as her body flopped on to the floor with the other two exceeds following behind.

"You should all save yourself the trouble and pain by leaving." The beast said.

"We ain't going anywhere!" Natsu snapped.

"Not until we get Laxus back." Freed added, "Hand him over."

"And why would I do that?" The beast cocked his head to the side, "He'd only be miserable with you guys anyway."

"And he's not miserable with you?" Freed asked, raising an eyebrow.

"At least here his misery benefits one of us." The same fist that struck Erza hit Freed in a split second and sent him back into the wall. Freed groaned in pain before he fell to the floor.

"Freed!" Evergreen and Bickslow called, running to his side. You started to run after them, but you were stopped by the enemy.

"You must be (Y/N)." He said, looking down at you. "I've seen a photo of you and Laxus in the magazines. I don't know what you did, but thank you for his current state of mind. His misery has made me quite powerful and now, you're no longer needed!" His fist came at you with an incredible speed and you could barely blink before it was right in front of you.

"(Y/N)!"

You heard Natsu and Gray calling for you, but you were already determined and held up your hands in defense. The beast's fists were firmly gripped in your hands. All of your allies as well as your own enemy was surprised.

"Impossible!" The beast growled, "My strength should be unbeatable!"

"You shouldn't mess with me." You warned in a low voice. Your eyes turned red and two sharp and pointed fangs became prominent. You pushed against the large fist, successfully pushed the beast backwards.

Your opponent growled, obviously not pleased with what was happening. He should have all the strength and power in the world, so why were you, a mere "human" girl, able to match his strength? He didn't know why that was, but he knew how he could get stronger.

In one shift motion, he used his free claw and picked you up. He began walking away from the remaining, unharmed group of wizards who were now calling out for you and chasing after the large ferocious beast. The said creature used his long tail to swipe at the wizards who weren't exactly expecting it.

Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Wendy were caught by the tail first, being hit in the gut. They were pushed back by the tail, then toward the right, causing them to be knocked into Evergreen and Bickslow.

All of them were thrown against the wall as you and the beast moved into the darkness.

"Guys!" You called, squirming in the creature's grip. "What did you do to them!?" You hissed and scratched at his claw, but he didn't budge.

He ignored you as he kept walking deeper and deeper into his laboratory.

By the time you quit struggling against his grip, your eyes had landed upon the muscly blond you knew was Laxus, Makarov's grandson. He was inside of some sort of containment system like a lab experiment. You were about to call out to him to see if he was awake, but you were thrown across the room, landing hard on the floor.

You groaned in pain from the impact as the beast walked toward you, gradually turning into a human form. "Sorry, but it would seem that you're still of use to me." He said to you.

You scrambled to sit up as he got closer to you. He smirked and cocked his head to the side as he raised his voice purposely,

"Wakey, wakey, Laxus! You don't want to sleep through this! Watch me finish off the girl you love once and for all."

___________________

A/N: Just wanted to let you know that if you really enjoyed the Sting x Reader mini story, I've decided to do a part two to it. I really enjoy writing these mini stories; it's fun especially when I include a song in it.

Anyways, I think you guys will like the second one just as much as the first.