Chapter 7

After the Games, everyone who fought was bandaged up and healed.

You were standing outside, staring up into the, now, night sky.

"I watched your fight with Sting." A deep voice said behind you. You didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. "You did?" You asked, grinning.

"Yeah," Laxus walked up and stood beside you. "you definitely put him in his place."

"Thanks." You smiled, "Sorry, I couldn't watch your fight."

"Don't worry about it." He shrugged it off.

"How are your injuries?"

"Fine. Jura definitely did a number on me though."

"Yeah, I believe you. Sucks that my match with him ended in a tie."

"You would've won."

"Think so? I mean, he is a Wizard Saint."

"Use your secret arts. They pack a punch."

You smiled at your boyfriend's words. Your secret arts did pack quite a punch. Just ask Sting.

The King of Fiore soon appeared, telling everyone that he needed to make an announcement. He told us that dragons were coming to attack us. And not just two or three. No, ten thousand dragons were coming.

He ordered an immediate evacuation of the city, except for wizards.

"Please," The King begged, "protect this town. No, protect this country."

Obviously, everyone agreed. And it wasn't long after before you heard a deafening roar.

"They're here." You stated seriously.

The guilds decided to split up to cover more ground. Fortunately, instead of ten thousand dragons attacking, there were only seven.

Unfortunately, not every guild had a Dragon Slayer.

To ease everyone's worries, Natsu reminded the wizards that Dragon Slayers exist for this very reason - to defeat dragons.

Large eggs fell from the sky, cracking and revealing smaller, yet still threatening, dragons.

Wizards who did not use Dragon Slaying Magic focused on attacking the little dragons. Meanwhile, the Dragon Slayers attacked the Dragons.

You and Phoebe were running (and flying) through the ruins of Crocus, having been sent away by Laxus who said he could handle the fire dragon all by himself.

You were looking for a dragon to fight. Or at least, something to fight.

You heard a yelp of pain and ran in that direction.

"Get back, Lector!" You heard.

Lector?

As you got closer, you saw Sting fighting a dragon with Lector not too far behind him.

Lector obeyed Sting, running farther back.

Well, I found a dragon. You groaned. Wish it was someone else fighting it though.

You ran toward Sting and the dragon, mentally preparing yourself for a fight.

Phoebe flew over to Lector.

"This thing's stronger than I thought." Sting growled in frustration. None of his attacks were working.

"What's the matter, Sting?" You smirked. He whipped his head around to see you. "I thought you were a true Dragon Slayer who could 'defeat Acnologia if he had the chance'." Sting's eyes showed evidence of guilt. "Not so easy fighting a dragon, now is it?" You added.