Chapter 35

Tension rose in the room as you and Joseph had a stare-off, a battle soon commencing.

"(Y/N)," A deep voice spoke up, "let me help." It was the very well-built blond; you remember his name being Laxus.

"Um, I think it'd be better if I fight him alone." You said, "I'm the only one that stands a chance."

"I don't know, (Y/N), why don't we let him join the fun." Joseph, in an instant, was in front of Laxus, holding the blond by his neck. He raised Laxus off of the ground, demonstrating his strength.

"Laxus!" Evergreen gasped.

"You will release Laxus at once, you vile creature!" Freed sneered, gripping his sword. As he spat out his words, the rest of the wizards prepared for a fight.

"Ok." Joseph shrugged and threw Laxus backwards.

"This is between you and me." You said sternly, turning to face Joseph's back.

"Ah, yes." The man turned around with a smirk on his face. "The Princess with no people to rule."

You blankly stared at your opponent, not letting his smirk nor his comment get under your skin. Glancing around the place, you noted that the mansion was still on fire and the flames were beginning to consume this part of the house as well. Smoke began to fill the room, making the others cough every now and then.

You and Joseph could, and would, survive the fire. However, your human friends would not. So, if you wanted to save them, you'd have to think fast.

"You know, you shouldn't feel bad." Joseph taunted. "Not everyone-"

"FIRE DRAGON'S ROAR!" A wave of hot flames engulfed the enemy in front of you. You knew who it was who launched the attack, but it wasn't until the attack cleared that you saw Natsu with a very annoyed look on his face.

"You irritating little pest!" Joseph spat, glaring over his shoulder at Natsu.

"I'm tired of hearing you run your mouth for the one millionth time!" Natsu exclaimed. "Time to put you out of commission." You noticed him get into a fighting stance. "Fire Dragon's-"

"Natsu, don't!" You warned.

Natsu was cut off, but not by you. In a flash, Joseph was in front of him and held a firm grip on his neck.

"I've heard enough out of you." Joseph snarled. "But I would much rather enjoy watching you burn into ash." He added, glancing at the approaching flames.

Natsu struggled against Joseph's grip, as if he was trying to say something. And he probably was, since fire has no affect on him.

With a devilish grin, Joseph tossed Natsu backwards into the fire. And that's when you acted on impulse. You ran forward, pushing yourself against Joseph's back which caused the two of you to fall into the raging fire behind Natsu.

"(Y/N)!" Sting called after you. Though, his voice was a mere whisper by the time it reached your ears.

Taken by surprise, it took Joseph a minute to realize what was happening. All he knew was that he was now engulfed in fire, even feeling the burning pain of the flames against his body, and that he could easily guess that you were the one who pushed him in. Growling in anger, he prepared himself to turn around and face you, but before he could, he felt hands on each side of his head.

A moment later, there you were with Joseph's head in your hands as Natsu ate the remaining flames in the mansion.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Sting asked, running to your side.

"I'm fine." You assured him, dropping the bodiless head.

"That was tasty!" Natsu exclaimed with a smile, rubbing his stomach.

"Why don't we all get home and relax?" Erza suggested.

With everyone agreeing that Fiore is where they wanted to be at the moment, the Mages trudged their tired and aching bodies away from the destroyed mansion - leaving behind countless bodies and memories that wouldn't be forgotten for some time.

_______________

"She doesn't remember me." Laxus thought aloud. "Why doesn't she remember me?"

"I have no idea." Bickslow replied, shaking his head as he leaned back against a tree.

"That would be because of me." A voice spoke up.

All four heads turned toward the source, only one Fairy Tail mage recognized the woman.

"It's you . ." Laxus stared at her.

"My name is Ophelia." She said, "And congratulations on staying alive."

"Laxus, who is this woman?" Freed asked, eyeing Ophelia.

"She's the lady that told me I was gonna die." The blond sighed.

"Glad she was wrong." Evrgreen scoffed.

"Actually, I wasn't." Ophelia stated, "That's why I'm here."

"Go on." Laxus said, looking at Ophelia skeptically.

"You died back in Pennsylvania." She began, "You were killed by (Y/N), but she so desperately wanted to save you. So, she sacrificed something of equal value for your life."

"Her memories." Freed concluded.

"And why are you telling us this?" Laxus asked, glaring slightly at Ophelia.

"To make sure you understand the seriousness of this situation."

"And why should I believe you? Most of the visions you showed me didn't even happen?"

Ophelia sighed at the blond's stubbornness. "Some events of the future can be changed by small actions, little things, but the overall image is harder to avoid. That's why some of the images you saw didn't happen as I showed them to you."

"Tell me this, Ophelia was it?" Freed asked, raising an eyebrow. After the female nodded, he continued. "What exactly would happen if Laxus were to pursue (Y/N) again? Since she doesn't remember him, then could he simply recaptue her heart?"

Ophelia closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. The answer she was about to give wasn't a good one, and it wasn't one that they were going to want to hear. "No," She said, "Laxus, you must not pursue (Y/N) any more."

"Why not?" Evergreen interjected, "Those two belong together!"

"If Laxus were to even attempt to make (Y/N) fall for him again, it could possibly bring her memories back." A serious look was expressed on Ophelia's face, "And as soon as (Y/N)'s memories are restored, Laxus will drop dead where he stands."