Chapter 43

"Something's gotta be done about this guild. It's pathetic."

"And what exactly do you have in mind?"

"You, me, Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow versus the entire guild. A Fairy Tail battle royale!"

"And what happens when we wipe the entire guild out?"

"We make our own guild. A guild where I'm the Master and you're my First Lady. Heck, you can be called the Queen if you want to!"

"That is a lovely title."

"So, are you in?"

"I'm in, Laxus."

"(Y/N)-san."

You heard a distance voice calling your name as you started to regain consciousness.

"(Y/N)-san, please wake up."

"Begging her isn't going to help, Sting."

"Shut up, Rogue!"

Finally, you opened your eyes, but everything was blurry. Sting? Rogue? You waited for a few seconds so that your eyes could adjust to the room's lighting. And low and behold, you saw Sting looking down at you -- standing by your bedside.

"Rogue, she's awake!" Sting exclaimed, giving you a huge smile. The other twin dragon came into view, standing at the foot of the bed.

"I can see that. You don't have to shout, Sting."

Ignoring Rogue's bitterness, Sting kept his attention on you. "(Y/N)-san, I was so worried." He confessed, "Are you okay?"

You were still confused and had no idea how you got wherever it was you were, but you didn't feel sick or in pain. "I'm fine." You said. You took the opportunity to look around at your surroundings (seeing as the bed was aready elevated, so you don't have to sit up). "Where am I?" You asked, seeing as all you saw was white.

"You don't recognize it?" Sting asked, "You're in Fairy Tail. Well, the infirmary to be exact."

"Fairy Tail?" You repeated, and that's when you remembered.

"Let me help you."

"Wh-Where's Laxus!?" You practically shouted. You attempted to get out of the bed, but the minute you put your weight on your arm(s) you felt a sharp pain. Looking down and stopping your movements, you saw that both of your arms and hands were bandaged.

"You should rest." Sting spoke up softly. "Natsu-san told me that your wounds were deep." He gave you a fake smile, trying to mask the hurt he was feeling. "And don't worry, Laxus is fine. He's right over there."

He pointed to your left and as you followed his finger, you saw Laxus in the bed next to yours. He was also bandaged (from head to toe), but he was currently asleep.

Confirming that Laxus was okay, you relaxed into the bed.

"I'm gonna go check on Frosch." Rogue stated out of the blue before leaving without another word.

It was silent for a while. Sting stated blankly at the white bed sheets and you stated at anything but him. To be honest, it was quite awkward.

"I was really scared, you know." Sting admitted, still staring at the bedsheets. "I thought something might have happened to you when they told me that you were out cold. I thought. ." He paused, gritting his teeth. "I thought the worst -- that maybe you weren't going to be alright. And I got scared."

"Sting-"

"Before either of us dies, I want to at least have been on a date with you. Is that too much to ask?"

His request shocked you. You did feel bad for him because he was dealing with an unrequited love, but for some reason when he asked you out earlier, you just couldn't say yes.

"I know it's probably selfish of me to ask," He added, "but just one date. That's all I need! I'll never bother you about anything else ever again."

Why were you holding back? Why weren't you giving Sting a chance? Sure, you didn't like him like that, but who knows? It's not always about looks.

But then there's Laxus.

You know you have some type of connection to him. You could be his girlfriend. The visions in your head, if they're of your past, then it would make perfect sense.

But no one will tell you anything.

So, are you just suppose to sit around and wait for answers?

That could take months or even years. You'd let your entire life pass you by waiting for answers that no one will give you.

Despite how much you want to know your connection to Laxus -- whether or not you're his girlfriend -- you also don't want to carry the burden of worrying and stressing.

"I'll do it."

Sting perked up at the sound of your voice. You looked like you were in deep thought, so he left you alone, but he was becoming antsy. Nevertheless, he was thrilled to hear your response. "You will?" He had to be sure.

"Yeah, I'll go on a date with you. Just tell me when and where."

He couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. "Well, let's wait until you're fully healed first." He put his hand on your head and rustled your (h/c) hair.

"If you say so." You sighed, smiling a little.

"I, uh, . . I guess I should let you rest." If you were being honest, you were amused by Sting's sheepishness. He was scratching the back of his neck and giving you a small smile. "I'll be out there if you need me."

And with that, he left the infirmary.

With Sting gone, you relaxed into the bed. A few minutes into your peace and quiet, you heard a groan. Since there were only two people in the infirmary (to your knowledge), you turned your head and looked at Laxus.

He was beginning to wake up, his eyelids opening as he shifted underneath the sheets. His initial facial expressions looked like boredom and discontent, seeing as he had a plain look on his face (as well as a frown).

He hadn't noticed you yet, and despite the fact that you agreed to go on a date with Sting and your bitterness about not getting an awser from your friends, you wanted to ask the direct person themself.

The issue was bugging you to no end.

"Laxus,"

Upon hearing his name called, he turned his head. He was surprised to see you already awake and staring at him. "Yeah?" He replied to your call.

"What's our relationship? A-Am I your girlfriend?"

What the-His eyes practically popped out of his head. He was obviously surprised by your question to the extent where he couldn't find any words to say. Does she even know what she's asking? What she's doing? No, of course not. Laxus was conflicted about whether or not to tell the truth.

On one hand, if he told you the truth about your relationship, then you could possibly regain all of your memories and he would die. 
Your sacrifice to bring him back would have been for nothing.

On the other hand, if he lied, then he would suffer from not being able to be with you -- to eventually propose and get married, have children, raise the kids together, grow old together. A whole life for the two of you would never happen, and he'd probably have to watch you find happiness with another man.

It's selfish -- his desire to want to be by your side for the rest of your life -- and that's the only reason he doesn't want to lie.

But, for Laxus, his suffering is nothing compared to your happiness. Your happiness is all that matters.

Smiling bitterly, he replied, "No, we're just good friends."