Chapter 39

"Am I . . . Laxus' girlfriend?"

Freed, Evergreen, Bickslow, and Phoebe were panicking internally at your question. Do they lie or tell you the truth?

What if they told you the truth and you got your memories back?

That means that Laxus, wherever he is, would die instantly.

So, what should they do?

Lie and protect Laxus? Or tell the truth and risk it all?

Or they could say nothing.

Several seconds passed and you still did not have your answer, which was making you think that you were, indeed, Laxus Dreyar's girlfriend. Despite feeling like this, you had no memory of you and the blond together, which contradicts everything.

You were utterly lost and confused -- your feelings were jumbled together in a mixture of emotions.

What exactly was Laxus to you?

Then it happened.

"You know, you're the only one who sees me as me, Laxus. Not as the Master's grandson, or Ivan's scary-looking kid. You don't compare me or expect me to be like the old men I'm related to."

As soon as it came, it was gone. You faintly felt a headache approaching, making you put a hand to your head.

"(Y/N)?" Phoebe called, flying closer to you. "Is everything okay?"

Your eyes met hers as the pain in your head disappeared. "I'm fine," you replied, "but I had a vision of some sort. I saw that blond man, Laxus, but he was much younger."

"You saw Laxus!?" Freed asked, shocked just like the rest of his teammates. When you only nodded your head in response, he asked, "What did he say?"

"He was telling me that I was the only person who didn't compare him to his relatives -- Master and Ivan." The Thunder Legion exchanged looks, which made you curious. "Does that mean anything?" You asked.

"I-It's nothing." Freed stuttered, dismissing the topic.

You weren't entirely convinced, but you decided to let it go for now. You shrugged your shoulders and tried to focus on the matter at hand: finding Laxus.

Speaking of Laxus, somewhere just outside of Magnolia, he was being held captive by an unknown individual. After being unconscious for who-knows-how-long, the Lightning Dragon Slayer finally regained consciousness.

He groaned slightly as his eyes fluttered open. Bubbles floated up and around him as he breathed in and out. On first instinct, he attempted to move his arms. However, he soon found out that he was stuck.

Pain shot through each arm when he tried to move them. That's when he realized the situation he was in. He was trapped. Where am I? He asked himself.

"I see you're awake."

Lifting his head up toward the sound of the voice, Laxus squinted but still could not see who had spoken. The person was hiding in the darkness of the room -- the only place where there was light was in front of where Laxus was held, at a desk in which a lit candle illuminated the desk and the surrounding area.

"Who are you?" Laxus asked, going back to his intimidating self. His words were slightly muffled by the liquid in the cylinder, but his captor could still understand what he said.

"I think I should be asking you that question." There was a pause before the person continued, "Laxus Dreyar, the famous son of Ivan and an unknown mother as well as the grandson of Fairy Tail's guildmaster. You were expelled from Fairy Tail seven years ago for launching The Battle of Fairy Tail where you made everyone fight each other, nearly killing your own grandfather. It was big news in the magic community."

Hearing about his father and how he made the guild turn on itself made Laxus feel slightly guilty because he still can't believe he actually did that. His emotions began to waver from neutral to depressed, but he reminded himself that he is not the same man he was seven years ago.

"Here's the most recent drama news." His captor continued, sensing that Laxus was not yet depressed. "Something is troubling you. You are heartbroken, are you not?"

(Y/N). Your face flashed into Laxus' head, reminding him of the mess he was in regarding his relationship with you. Instantly, he felt depressed which made his captor smirk.

"You muttered a name while you were asleep. (Y/N), was it?"

"It's none of your business." Laxus snapped, using his anger to hide the hurt in his heart. "What do you want with me?"

"I just want to talk."

"Doubt it. If you wanted to talk, I wouldn't be held captive." Looking at his surroundings, he noticed that something had been draining out of him. "What are you doing? Draining my magic?"

His captor laughed at Laxus' ignorance. "No, I don't need your magic despite how incredibly powerful you are."

"Then what do you want?"

"I need your negative emotion, Laxus. And you've got plenty of it." By the tone of his voice, Laxus could tell that this person was smirking. "Give me all of your sadness and heartbreak."

"You-"

"No need to deny it or try to fight it. It's in there whether you like it or not, and as long as I detect it, the pain you're feeling will drain from your body. You should be thanking me, no one enjoys a heartbreak."

"Heh, you're right." Laxus smiled weakly, "I don't like this feeling. It hurts like nothin' I've ever felt before, but if you're going to use me to harm the people I care about, then I can't let you complete your goal."

"You plan on stopping me?"

"I will as long as I'm alive."

BACK AT FAIRY TAIL . . .

"So we'll use the dragon slayers to track down his scent, then attack. Everyone, make sure you are ready for battle at all times!" Makarov announced to the guild.

A team of wizards were prepared and ready to leave Fairy Tail in search of the missing Laxus Dreyar. The search and rescue team consisted of Freed, Evergreen, Bickslow, Phoebe, you, Happy, Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy, Wendy, Carla, Gajeel, Juvia, and Pantherlily.

With a look of determination, each member (or most of them) walked out of the guild fired up and ready to retrieve Makarov's grandson. Freed led the team at the front, Wendy to his left and Natsu to his right (Gajeel claimed that he was only there to fight), probably the most determined out of everybody.

After both Wendy and Natsu sniffed the fur coat and gave some directions, the team was off and Freed bravely said, "Alright, let's go find Laxus!"