Chapter 49: Countdown

STING ENDING

All my attention, baby
My extra time
There's nothin' I won't give you
Girl, if you were mine

Six million times I'm thinkin' about your face
You know I'm crazy for ya
Lemme count the ways

It was during the Grand Magic Games when you first met Sting. Looking back, you never thought that you would get along with the guy at all because he was so cocky and arrogant.

Upon first impression, you thought he only wanted your body, which immediately disgusted you.

Not to mention the fact that you were solely devoted to Laxus at the time.

Too many girls I'm chasin'
I had my fall
But all the time was wasted
Girl, you know that you're the one

But, unknown to you for some time, you managed to capture his heart with your attitude. It was different from any woman he's ever encountered.

No woman before you dared to tell him that his ego was too big and that he needed a reality check.

He was only seen for his strong magic and good looks.

Not a single woman of interest had cared to mention his personality.

Deep down, he was glad someone cared enough to call him out.

He liked your blunt words and your "I don't care what you have to say" attitude. You were a woman in charge and he liked it.

It's a countdown
to your love (oh, oh)
You're my number one girl
It's a countdown
fallin' fast (oh, oh)
Don't think I'm gon' last now

Wait a minute
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
Yeah, wait a minute
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
Yeah

You had no idea, in the very beginning, how much control you had over the Sabertooth mage.

He was drawn to you like a magnet. He wanted to be near you all the time even though he knew he couldn't.

When he wasn't around you, he couldn't get you off his mind. At first, he was merely angry that his pride had been shattered.

Then it turned to respect.

Then it quickly escalated to a crush. Not surprising because he was attracted to you the moment he saw you, but it was pure lust.

Big difference between lust and love.

After Gajeel spilled the beans, he became paranoid about how you saw him. Thus, his mind and thoughts were further filled with you.

It wasn't long before he found himself in love with a woman who already had a boyfriend.

That was a problem.