Chapter 28

"I'm taking Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow with me." Laxus announced.

"I'm going too!" Natsu exclaimed.

"No, you're not." Laxus growled.

"Yeah, I am." Natsu insisted, "I even told Sting to come."

"What?" The blond sneered, not liking that name (or the boy).

"How did you tell Sting to come when we just found out (Y/N) was taken?" Lucy asked.

"Well, I sent Happy to tell him that (Y/N) was missing and he said he'd be right over."

"We gotta leave before he shows up." Laxus said as he quickly walks toward the exit. However, he want even half way there before Sting and Rogue (along with Lector and Fro) burst through the doors.

"WHAT HAPPENED!?" Sting screamed, panicking and worried for your safety. "IS SHE STILL ALIVE!?"

"Of course she's alive, you idiot." Laxus grumbled.

"We're going to look for her now!" Natsu stated with a grin.

Laxus groaned in annoyance and continued walking out of the guild with Joseph and his non-intended large traveling party (because the rest of Team Natsu tagged along) following behind him.

Harrington Estate

"(Y/N) . ." Phoebe mumbled your name.

Your parents had left you alone in your room to think about whether or not you wanted to be who (or rather, what) you were always meant to be: a vampire.

You appeared human on the outside, but to think that you were born a pure blood vampire and it was hidden from you for your entire life.

It was mind blowing.

You thought about your friends at Fairy Tail and about Laxus. Would he still want to be with you after finding out that you aren't human like he is? Would he still want to be with you once he found out that it was you that killed him in the future?

"(Y/N)!" Laxus called out to you, backing away slowly. "(Y/N), don't do this!" He pleaded as you continued to inch forward toward him.

Your fingers twitched by your side, itching to be gripping the blond's body, and your teeth ached to be attached to his perfectly visible neck.

Your stomach growled, wanting to be filled with the warm, irony-tasting, red blood of a human.

Laxus looked at you with pleading eyes, tripping over his own foot and falling backwards on to the ground.

In an instant (using the speed granted to you by being a vampire), you were standing over him and looking down at him. He also looked up at you, matching your hard gaze. His chest rose and fell rapidly from the adrenaline pumping through his veins; his body preparing him for survival.

You quickly lowered yourself over the blond, gripping his shirt with your two hands and bringing his face closer to you.

"(Y/N)," Laxus spoke, "I just want you to know that I still love you and I always will. S-So, if this is what you want - if this will make you happy - then do it." He tilted his head a little, showing you perfect access to his neck. "Drink my blood."

"Kill him." A menacing voice hissed at you. Your senses hightened as you were on the verge of satisfying your hunger. Your aching fangs grew sharper and your eyes flashed red as you immediately sank your teeth into Laxus' neck.

Laxus grunted from your sharp bite and felt the blood leaving his body.

"Yes, that's right." The voice practically grinned. "KILL HIM!" It was practically overflowing with excitement.

Soon Laxus' skin was pale and his chest was still. His eyes remained open, but there was no life in them. When you were done, having satisfied your hunger, you released the blond and it was then that you snapped out of your trance, realizing what you had done.

"No . ." You mumbled, looking into Laxus' lifeless eyes. Your eyes burned with fresh, hot tears. "Laxus . ." You whimpered his name, the tears beginning to fall.

"I'm so sorry, Laxus."

You gasped, your heart beating rapidly in your chest. Another vision? You inquired. You saw yourself killing Laxus before, or rather you saw yourself over his lifeless body with your hands gripping him tight, but you never saw how you killed him.

Until now.

If you were a vampire when you killed Laxus, then the answer was obvious on whether you became a vampire or not.

You obviously weren't going to undo the spell that Tempest put on you.

That way Laxus will live and the future you were warned about never has to come true.

Problem solved.

"I won't do it." You told your exceed, who waited patiently for your response. She nodded, not saying a word. "Now I just have to tell them." You said, hopping off of the bed.

"I'll wait here." Phoebe said and you nodded in response.

You left your bedroom and honestly didn't know where to go, so you wandered for a bit before you ran into Mason.

"Sis!" He greeted with a grin.

"Uh, hi." You replied, not use to being called 'sis'. "Um, where are Vincent and Vivian?"

"You mean mother and father?" He said. "You can call them that, you know."

"Maybe later." You immediately replied. "So, where are they?"

"Throne Room. Down the hall and to the left."

"Thanks." You said, swiftly walking around the younger male. Following his directions, you found the Throne Room and entered, pushing open the two grand double doors.

"(Y/N)." Vivian looked at you, surprised to see you. She didn't expect to see you until tomorrow. She thought that you'd sleep on the matter at hand.

"(Y/N), my daughter," Vincent grinned, "what brings you here?"

"I've made a decision." You said, getting straight to the point. Your parents' faces turn serious as they await your response. "I don't want to undo the spell."

"What?" Vincent exclaimed, obviously not expecting that answer. "Why not?"

"I don't want to hurt the people I care about." You grimaced at the thought of hurting Laxus. You kept your response vague; they didn't need to know about the visions.

Because they weren't going to come true.

"I see." Vincent hummed. "Very well."

You gave a small nod before exiting the Throne Room, feeling very confident in yourself that you solved the problem of Laxus' death.

Oh, how wrong you were.