Chapter 20

The Sabertooth guildmaster placed the genie lamp on top of his desk. I hope this works. He mentally sighed. "Ishtar, I want to make a wish." He said, looking down at the lamp.

Smoke came from the inside of the lamp and settled on the opposite side of Sting's desk before a body appeared.

"Ready to make your last wish?" Ishtar asked with her hands on her hips.

"Yes." Sting nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Very well." She straightened her back, preparing herself. "Wish away!"

"I wish I had the perfect flowers to give to (Y/N)-san." Sting requested.

"Flowers?" The genie asked, raising an eyebrow. "That's all you want?"

Sting nodded and waited for Ishtar to grant his wish and leave.

"You humans are strange." She muttered, casted the spell. An arrangement of flowers (💐) appeared in the blond's arms. "Wish number three has been granted." Ishtar stated. "It was nice doing business with you, Sting."

The genie was sucked forcibly into her lamp and within seconds the lamp vanished.

Sting sighed in relief, finally separated from the genie.

"Did it work?" Natsu asked, peeking his head out from the closet.

"Yeah, it worked." The blond smirked, holding up the flowers. "She's gone."

"Oh, thank goodness!" Natsu sighed. He opened the door wider and he - along with the others - tumbled out of the closet, falling on the floor.

"That wasn't such a great idea after all." Lucy whined.

Everyone groaned and grumbled to themselves as they got up off of the floor.

"Here, (Y/N)-san." Sting said, approaching you and handing you the flowers. His cheeks were pink and you could tell by the look in his eyes that he was happy about what he was doing. "F-For you."

You smiled awkwardly and reached for the flowers, but they were snatched away before you could touch them.

"Thanks." Laxus smirked down at Sting, "I'll take good care of 'em."

"U-Uh . .!" Sting stuttered, utterly shocked and confused.

"Stop it, Laxus." You said before your boyfriend could say another word. "We're done here. Let's go."

"But I'm just startin' to have fun!" Laxus chuckled.

You rolled your eyes at his behavior, not bothering to respond. Instead you just walked around him and toward the door.

"If you don't move your feet, I'll leave you behind." You said, smirking to yourself.

Later that night . . .

It was late into the night - maybe around midnight. Most, and normal, people were sleeping at this hour.

But not you.

You were by a lake, staring at the water and looking at your reflection. The reason why you were here was unknown. Your legs brought you here against your will.

Maybe you were supposed to be here. But why?

Were you trying to clear your head? You have been through a lot recently. It would make sense.

Or were you waiting - or expecting - someone to show up? Your heart has had quite the time over the past few weeks. You've literally been with two guys whom you've claimed to love. Are you sorting out your feelings?

But what is there to sort? You love Laxus, don't you? You've been with him since you were a teenager. He was your first love, your first kiss, your first everything. He has your heart, doesn't he?

"So, you come here too?" A voice asked from behind.

You didn't have to turn around to know who it was. The increased beat of your heart spoke volumes.

"What brings you here at this time of night?" You asked, a small smile on your face. However, you don't turn around. You stay facing forward, hearing his footsteps coming toward you.

"I couldn't sleep and I wanted to see you." He said, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"And how did you know I was here?"

He chuckled at your question and your tone of voice which tells him that you didn't believe his reason for being here. "Alright, you caught me." He said, "I was actually out on a late night walk and I happened to cross paths with you."

"Now, that I believe."

"Does it really matter though? I'm here now."

You sighed. Why was there this heaviness in your heart? A heaviness that, no matter how much you attempted to get your mind off of it, wouldn't go away.

"Uh oh. Something's bothering my girl." He said, squeezing your waist slightly. "What's wrong?"

"I . . . . I don't . . . know . . ." You didn't purposely want to ruin the mood or turn it into a negative one, but you were deeply confused about what you wanted.

"Maybe I can lighten your spirits!" He suggested, spinning you around to face him. He pulled you close to him and gently held your chin. "I love you, (Y/N)."

You placed your hands on his shoulders, your heart was hammering in your chest. You could feel your cheeks heating up from the close proximity.

This is love, right?

"I love you too," You confessed and you couldn't stop the smile that graced your features. Pausing, you look up and meet his gaze before uttering his name. "Sting."

Gasping, your eyes shot open and you sat up. You looked around, checking your surroundings.

You were in your bedroom.

That was a dream?

As you began calming down, you place a hand on your heart. That dream seemed so real to you - the location and surroundings, the sense of touch, the emotions, everything.

"I'm going crazy, aren't I?" You mumbled to yourself, groaning.

Why did I dream about Sting?

"You've been through a lot, (Y/N)." You stated, talking to yourself. "You were controlled by magic, given fake feelings and emotions. You're just confused." You heaved a dramatic sigh, flopping back onto the bed.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"No!" You whined, flailing your arms and legs dramatically like a little kid throwing a tantrum. Soon you tired yourself out and laid on the bed motionless.

Groaning, you grabbed the sheets (and covered your body with them) and turned onto your side, curling up into the fetal position. You felt your eyelids become heavy as the Sandman sprinkled his dust on your face.

Why is my life so complicated?