Chapter 26

"I'm going to (Y/N)'s place." Laxus stated, standing up abruptly. "That's where that old fart said he was taking her!"

"Wait a minute, Laxus." Makarov called in a calm tone. "Take backup."

"Backup?" The blond raised his eyebrows, "I don't need backup!"

"You may have to fight to get (Y/N) back and you know not of the strength of our opponents."

Knowing his grandfather was right, Laxus grumbled a small "fine" before stomping toward the exit. "FREED, EVERGREEN, BICKSLOW, WE'RE LEAVING! NOW!" He snapped, yelling at his teammates. He didn't bother to wait for them as he walked out of the guild.

Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow had to pick up their pace in order to keep up with Laxus as his long legs strolled down the street toward your house.

At (Y/N)'s house . . .

"Finished." Vincent sighed, satisfied with his work. All of your clothes, bedsheets, food, accessories - everything was packed in either suitcases or boxes in a matter of seconds.

Was he using magic? You thought. You didn't have the chance to try and stop him from packing all of your things because he was moving at such a high speed.

"Ready, darling?" He asked, looking at you.

"W-Wait," You stuttered, trying to wrap your mind around what was happening. "this is all happening too fast."

"But the rest of the family is waiting for you, (Y/N)."

"And by 'the rest of the family,' he means mother." Mason commented.

"The clan is our 'family.'" Vincent defended his position.

"Clan?" You spoke up, confused.

"Oh, are we knight warriors of something?" Phoebe asked with excitement. "I've read about them in books!"

Vincent chuckled at the exceed's thought. "Not knights, little kitten." He said, "Something much stronger." He was slightly smirking now, obviously wanting to break the news to you but he knew now wasn't the time. "Are you ready?"

"What about my friends?" You asked. My boyfriend. You thought about Laxus.

"Friends?" Vincent asked innocently. "Those people from that wizard hangout spot? (Y/N), rest assured, you will make tons of new friends."

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. "If I'm going to be going with you, shouldn't I tell the goodbye first?" You folded your arms over your chest. "Besides, you act like I'm going with you forever. I just want to see where I came from. I'm an adult now; you don't expect me to live with mom and dad, do you?"

"Well," Vincent looked at you with eyes full of hope. "yes. Besides, once you find out the truth you won't want to come back here."

"The truth?" You repeated, interested.

"(Y/N)!" Laxus' distant voice was heard along with heavy footsteps. The sound of footsteps grew louder and closer, and soon the blond and his team were standing in your bedroom doorway.

"Are these the 'friends' you wish to say goodbye to?" Vincent asked.

"A few of them, yes." You nodded.

"You ain't takin' (Y/N) anywhere." Laxus growled, glaring at Vincent and moving to stand in front of you productively.

"And who exactly are you?" Vincent asked the blond, somewhat disgusted.

"The name's Laxus, (Y/N)'s boyfriend." the blond hissed.

Vincent's eyes widened and Mason gave you a sympathetic look.

"Well, that's a problem." The older man hummed.

"Yeah, why is that?" Laxus growled.

With a serious gaze, yet a mischievous smirk, Vincent replied, "You'll find out soon enough." As soon as he said that, he snapped his fingers and Mason, Phoebe, you and your belongings, and himself were gone.

"Is it just me or does that man creep you out?" Evergreen asked the boys.

"He's definitely mysterious." Freed mumbled.

"And he's got my girl . ." Laxus grumbled lowly, his fists tightening.

Far away from Fiore, in a country known as Pennsylvania . . .

"Welcome home, (Y/N)." Vincent sighed content.

You were standing in front of an old castle which looked like it belonged in a dark fantasy novel. The castle was completely black and made from steel, which went well and blended in with the always present sunset/nighttime atmosphere.

"This place is creepy." Phoebe whispered.

You agreed internally, but not out loud where your father and brother could hear you.

Vincent stepped forward onto the bridge leading to the castle. The rest of the traveling party followed behind him, only you and Phoebe feeling anxious.

As you all reached the large, black double doors, they automatically creaked open as if sensing your presence. Standing inside, waiting by the entrance hallway, was a crowd of people.

In the very front of the crowd was a woman with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes, and in all honestly, she looked like an older version of yourself.

"(Y/N) . ." She locked eyes with you and reminisced about the first few years that she had with you before the incident.

"Princess (Y/N) has returned!" Someone shouted. The elegant hallway was erupted with cheers and applause, welcoming their clan's Princess.

The woman at the front walked up to you and didn't hesitate to introduce herself. "It's been such a long time. My name is Vivian, your mother." She smiled sweetly at you.

My mother, huh? You were a little overwhelmed with all of the clapping, moving from Magnolia, sudden arriving of your birth family, and the people calling you princess. It was a lot to take in and you were still trying to process everything.

Plus, you missed Laxus.

Honestly, Vincent's random teleporting made you mad, especially when Laxus was trying to protect you.

And your father also said that you dating Laxus wasn't a good thing. What the heck did that mean? Something seemed off about this whole situation and those premonitions were causing you to worry.

Laxus was going to die and the future was starting to unfold itself because now, you've met your birth family who were in the premonition.

And that's not even the worst part. You know how Laxus dies because you saw it, though you don't think he saw the same visions as you did.

He couldn't have.

If he did, Laxus would know that you are the one who kills him.