Chapter 3

The gong had been sounded, so the match had officially begun.

You stared at Jura, wondering what you should do.

Should I attack first? You thought. But it looks like he's concentrating.

Suddenly, Jura's eyebrows furrowed together and the ground started to rumble.

You took a deep breath, readying yourself for the attack.

"Rumbling Mount Fuji!"

The ground beneath you gave way, but you didn't fall. You were stuck in the air as a large burst of magic power shot up from the core of the Earth.

"Oh boy, would you look at that!" The announcer exclaimed, "Jura made the first move, attacking Fairy Tail's (Y/N)!"

You admit the attack hurt and your body was sore, but this match just got started.

No way were you surrendering yet.

Once the attack subsided, your body hit the ground as a cloud of dust and debris surround you.

You stood to your feet, coughing from the air pollution. Let's see . . "Storm Dragon's Roar!" Your breath attack shot through the air, clearing the dust and debris, and headed straight toward Jura.

"Iron Rock Wall!" He shouted as a literal rock wall ascended from the ground, shielding him from your attack.

Your roar collided with Jura's rock wall, shattering it. However, after the wall was shattered, your attack dispersed.

Wasn't enough, huh?

"Iron Rock Fist!" A giant human-shaped fist, made entirely out of the Earth itself, came up from the ground and headed toward you.

And it moved surprisingly fast.

You couldn't think of a defensive spell fast enough, so you decided to do something else.

Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes and immediately the air around you started to move faster.

You continued to concentrate as the winds you were summoning became stronger.

As Jura's spell came within distance, it slowed down and ultimately came it a complete stop, halting in the air.

The wind that you were creating was blowing away from you, so when the Iron Rock Fist came near you, it stopped because of the wind acting against it.

"Woah!" The announcer yelled excitedly, "Instead of dodging or casting another spell back at Jura, Fairy Tail's (Y/N) has stopped his attack completely!"

While the wind was pushing against the iron fist, more wind gathered above it, pushing down.

The Iron Rock Fist was pushed into the ground, crumbling on impact.

Whispers and murmurs filled the stadium.

"Jura's a Wizard Saint, right?"

"That little Fairy can keep up with Jura!?"

"Who is she?"

The Fairy Tail B team smiled as they watched the match.

"She's doing really well." Mira giggled with a smile.

"Yeah, Juvia had no idea that (Y/N) was this strong." Juvia commented.

If she was around when the whole Fairy vs. Phantom thing happened, I'd be six feet under right now. Gajeel thought.

"Of course, she's strong." Laxus said, looking down at you. "After all, she's my girl-" Upon realizing what he was about to say, he abruptly cut himself off. No, she's not. He grimaced in his head.