Chapter 8

A/N: The dress above is what you're wearing to the Ball. However, it won't be this color (unless you want it to be). It'll be your favorite color: (f/c). You'll also be wearing matching heels.

NOW, LET'S PARTY WITH MORE OF THE STORY!! 🎉🎉

The next day was more lovely than the previous. The sky was blue and the sun as shining bright. The city of Crocus had been repaired by magic and the nonwizard citizens had their memories erased.

For the wizards, to thank them, the King hosted a Ball with music, dancing, and food.

All the wizards were attending, getting dressed in formal wear.

You didn't like it. Dresses made you uncomfortable because they weren't comfortable. You stared at your reflection in the mirror with a scowl.

"What's the matter, (Y/N)?" Evergreen asked.

"I don't like this outfit." You said, "I wanna change." You stared at the (f/c), elegant dress that Mirajane and Evergreen had put you in. You felt out of place.

"Nonsense!" Evergreen scoffed. "You look stunning. Laxus won't be able to keep his hands off of you."

Your cheeks turned red as a result of her words. "Now c'mon," She grabbed your wrist, "let's go!"

You were dragging out of the Ladies' Dressing Room by the Fairy Mage. Already, there were a lot of people there who were mingling.

As soon as you made it downstairs, you wanted to run back upstairs. This . . This is too much! You were about to make a run for it, but a hand latched onto your arm.

"Where are you goin'?" Laxus asked.

Evergreen smirked at the two of you before walking away.

You looked up at your boyfriend, seeing him in a mostly white tux with yellow outlines around the edges of the suit. He looks so nice in that tux. You thought.

"You okay?" Laxus asked, seeing as how you hadn't answered his first question yet.

"Uh, yeah." You mumbled, nodding. "I'm fine."

Laxus gave you a small smile before it turned into a smirk. "Well, you look gorgeous." He complimented, "Stunning even." He pulled you closer to him, gently grabbed your chin, and pressed his lips against yours.

The kiss was fine, but when he started pressing deeper into the kiss, you got worried. This fool! What was he thinking? Without wasting another second, you pulled away.

Laxus grunted in annoyance, and you could see the lust in his eyes. "Woah there." You said, "Slow your roll, cowboy."

"Tch." Laxus growled, folding his arms over his chest.

"You're impossible." You sighed, rolling your eyes.

"Am not." He growled, not looking at you.

You chuckled at his behavior before smirking, "I know you're impatient, but control yourelf."

You chuckled once again at Laxus' childish behavior. It was amusing. Although it has been years, that doesn't excuse his behavior.

Despite your romantic history with him.

Now it seems that Laxus was silently sulking while trying not to show it.

"Jeez, c'mon." You rolled your eyes and groaned.

"To where?" Laxus raised an eyebrow.

"To go eat." You said as if it was obvious. You left him standing there, but after he processed the information in his head, he followed you.