Chapter 5

Grand Magic Games Day 3

Fairy Tail was earning more and more points. Erza dominated Pandemonium, earning first place. And you earned second place by using one of your Dragon Slayer Secret Arts, which is called Derecho, and destroying the MPF.

Now, it was time for the battles.

You weren't really paying attention. Laxus was sitting down because after Pandemonium and the MPF, he wasn't interested. You were sitting in his lap, your head resting on his right shoulder.

You two were perfectly comfortable cuddling in the background.

That is, until the announcer said,

"Our next match will be against Raven Tail's Alexei and Fairy Tail B's Laxus Dreyar!"

You felt Laxus tense up and then immediately relax. Looking up at him, you have him a concerned stare.

From being his girlfriend for many years, you knew about his father issues.

He felt your stare and looked down at you. He smiled softly before informing you, "I'll be fine."

He stood to his feet, carrying you in his arms bridal style. He walked to the hall that led to the field before placing you back on your feet.

"Be careful." You said, staring at the ground.

Laxus grabbed your chin with his thumb and index finger, and tilted your head up so you could look at him.

"And win." You added with a slight scowl. If he dared to even think about losing to his father's guild, you were gonna murder him yourself.

Laxus just chuckled before leaning down and placing a light kiss on your lips.

He released your chin, straightened his back, and stepped away from you before walking down the hall, toward the field.

"Don't worry, I'll definitely win. I promise." He said before entering the field.

You ran back up to your team's balcony in order to watch the match.

The gong was immediately sounded, everyone wanting to see this fight.

However, what surprised you, and the rest of Fairy Tail, was seeing Laxus get beat up.

"Pull yourself together, Laxus!" Natsu shouted from his balcony.

"What the heck is he doin'?" Gajeel growled.

"Is he conflicted?" Mira wondered.

"Something's not right." You mumbled.

You knew Laxus like the back of your hand. You knew that even if he was emotionally conflicted, he wouldn't show it visibly enough for it to be easily noticeable. And you knew that Laxus would never get easily beat up without throwing a single punch back, he's a fighter.

Something was wrong.

Then you heard very loud snickering. Turning your head in that direction, you saw Sting in his booth. He was smirking at you while pointing at the current match. "And you wanna date him?" He rolled his eyes while he continued to laugh.

You furrowed your eyebrows at Sting's remark. This isn't Laxus, you told yourself. This isn't his true power - his true strength! You turned your head, continuing to watch the match intently.

Your heart soon flooded with relief once you found out that everything the viewers were watching was an illusion.

And Laxus was the victor, defeating the entire Raven Tail team.