Chapter 48

As Laxus stared down at you, anxiously awaiting your response,  you were having an internal battle of your own.

You should just get back together with Laxus. He's always been "the one."

But what about Sting?

Who cares! I say good riddance to the try-hard fanboy.

He's not all that bad.

Remember how you and Saber boy first met? No thanks.

He's changed.

Only to claim you as his girlfriend. Then again, you aren't worthy of Laxus either.

Excuse me?

You're the one who selfishly gave up her memories. Why didn't you just own up to killing him instead of making him suffer?

I couldn't just let him die!

Yes, you could have, but you weren't willing.

That's not true.

It's very true.

This mental banter in your head only served to increase your anxiety.

"I . . I don't know, Laxus." The lightning dragon slayer watched as your chest rose and fell rapidly with emotions before you took off in another direction.

He didn't know what to do. Does he go after you or does he give you space?

I don't see what her problem is. She's known you way longer than that Natsu-wannabe.

I know, but it's her choice. As long as she's happy, I'm happy.

You're lying through your teeth.

He knew it. Laxus knew he was lying, but he was going to support you even if your future wasn't with him.

He decided to give you space, so he went back to the guild. And of course he was bombarded with questions from pesky guildmates.

You, on the other hand, went home where you knew you would get peace and quiet. Your home was your safe place as well as the perfect place to think without interruption.

Why are you hesitating? Don't you love Laxus?

Of course I do!

Then what's the problem?

I'd hate to admit it, but I've started to fall for Sting. He's really sweet.

Sweet? That's why you like him? Because he's sweet?

It's more than that. With all the stuff that's been going on, Laxus and I have drifted apart. I spent several months not even remembering his existence. Maybe it's time for me to move on?

But won't you still be in love with Laxus while you're dating Sting? You'd be fooling yourself.

You dramatically sighed and groaned in frustration as you stared up at the ceiling. You were laying face-up on your bed while you were essentially talking to yourself.

What should you do?

That was your big question. Do you stay with Laxus or go to Sting?

The Sabertooth guildmaster has most definitely changed since you first met him. However, you've been dating Laxus for years. Can you really just date somebody else after such a relationship?

It also didn't help that your memory and/or mentality has been messed with more than once  (Sting's genie wish and you sacrificing your memories of Laxus).

Your confusion level is through the roof.

How will you ever make the right decision?

At Fairy Tail, the guild doors opened, revealing Sting, Lector, Rogue, Frosch, Yukino, Rufus, Orga, and Minerva.

"What the heck are you guys  doing here?" Natsu asked, jumping on top of a table.

"Where's Laxus?" Sting replied with a serious expression on his face, ignoring Natsu's question.

"What do you want?" Coming from the back of the guild, presumably Master Makarov's office, Laxus walked into the common area to the guild. As soon as he walked in, a tension was created in the room.

"Can we talk?" Sting suggested, standing his ground against Laxus' glare.

Laxus simply nodded and walked swiftly out of the guild.

The two blonds stood across from each other in the guild's backyard. There was a tension in the air that was incredibly thick -- the majority of it being created by Laxus.

"What is it you wanna talk about?" Laxus grunted.

"It's about (Y/N)." Sting replied, "She has her memories back, doesn't she?"

"Yeah, so what?"

"And how did that happen?"

"None of your business."

"Look," Sting held his hands up in a surrender-type manner, "I'm just concerned about (Y/N). That's all."

"She's fine." Laxus blurted out, shifting from one foot to the other uncomfortably. "She just needs some time."

"Yeah, I figured." Sting sighed, almost in disappointment. He turned around, his back facing Laxus. "That's all I wanted." And with that being said, Sting walked away and left Laxus to his thoughts.

Sting. (Y/N). Laxus. With all three of these wizards having doubtful thoughts on their minds, how will things turn out?

____________________

A/N: This chapter is shorter than normal, but that's because it's technically the last chapter. The endings will be next!