Chapter 22

"Oh, thank the heavens!" The islanders cheered after learning that you were the wizard from Fairy Tail who came to save them.

"Tell me, miss." A short man spoke as he inched toward you. "What is your name?"

"Um, my name is (Y/N)." You replied, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Let's hear it for the hero (Y/N)!" He announced. The islanders cheered and you smiled awkwardly at the word 'hero'.

Yeah, no pressure . .

"By the way," the man turned his attention back to you, "I am the chief of this island. My name is Julius."

"Well, Julius, can you tell me about this monster?"

"Why, yes. Of course, Miss (Y/N)." The chief gestured to the right. "This way." He walked off and you and Phoebe followed behind him.

He took you to his home which was on a small mountain that looked down on the rest of the island's village, where the islanders stayed.

"The monster that has been terrorizing this island is a Kracken." Julius explained. "It lives in the ocean and comes out at night, and with it comes a storm. It moves the island, swaying it from side-to-side." He paused briefly before continuing, "Many of my people have died . ."

You stayed silent, not being able to think of what to say. However, your partner cleared her throat from the awkward silence that was starting to form. Then she decided to speak (since it was obvious that you weren't going to).

"Don't worry, Chief Julius." Phoebe said, "(Y/N) and I will take care of this Kracken for you!"

"Oh, thank you!" He praised, "Thank you!"

"No problem." You said with a simple head nod.

"We'll then, let me conclude this meeting by telling you that you'll be staying at the finest inn in this village. I've had a room prepared for you and everything!"

"Th-Thanks . ." You stuttered. These people were treating you like a person of royalty. It was flattering, but you were not use to it.

The next morning you and Phoebe decided to look around the island and get a feel of where everything was - a feel of the island.

It was important for this job that you knew where everything was. That way, when the Kracken attacked, you could save those who needed saving immediately.

But just in case . . .

"I would love everyone to stay in the safest and sturdiest place on this island." You announced to the islanders. The sun would soon set in less than an hour and everyone needed to get ready.

Including you.

Meanwhile in Magnolia . . .

"Another." Laxus grunted, slamming the mug on the countertop. The sudden sound made the bartender flinch slightly, but the middle aged man did what was requested of him. Once his mug was full of beer, Laxus immediately began to chug it down his throat.

That was his twenty-fifth mug of beer.

The blond reeked of alcohol and was visibly unstable in his seat. Normally, Laxus knew how to avoid people seeing him drunk. He would just not drink that much. But now that he's completely out-of-it, he doesn't care.

He never actually cared. Today was the first full day that you had been gone on your solo job. Despite the reassurance of the Thunder Legion, he still couldn't shake the feeling that his relationship with you was about to take a turn for the worst. So, he spent the afternoon in a bar and drank his feelings away.

"You're quite drunk, aren't you?" A woman asked, finding Laxus' current state amusing.

The blond hiccuped and turned in his chair so that he could face the person interrupting his pity party.

"Who're you?" He asked, his words slurring together.

"Does it matter?" She smirked slightly. She walked forward, toward the blond, swaying her hips as she moved. She got within an inch of Laxus' face and placed her hand on his cheek. "Once you're sober again, you won't even remember this encounter."

Back on Caesar Island . .

"Is everyone safe?" You asked your partner as she flew toward you.

"Yep!"

You nodded at her reply. "Good." You sighed in relief, "The Kracken will be coming soon." You braced yourself and waited, trying to clear your head and mentally prepare yourself.

As you were doing that, the wind started to increase in speed. In a matter of minutes, the wind became too strong and you knew that a storm was coming.

Phoebe, being such a light weight, easily got swept away by the wind, but she managed to not get too far away. She latched her paws onto your back and clung onto you like her life depended on it.

Because it did.

"This storm . . is the Kracken summoning it?" You thought aloud as you fought to keep your balance against the harsh winds. A raindrop fell on your face and a second later there was a downpour of rain.

The combination of heavy rain and harsh winds made it very difficult to see, but storms were/are your speciality.

You are a Storm Dragon Slayer.

"(Y/N), look!" Phoebe yelled so that you could hear her.

Lifting your head slightly, you could faintly make out a long tentacle; a tentacle similar to that of an octopus.

The tentacle was long enough to wrap around the entire island. Then came the next tentacle, which did the same thing as the first.

"Maybe we can cut his tentacles off." You suggested, running toward the long and slimy tentacles. Another one came and gripped the island as you landed on the first. Raising your hand up to the sky, lightning struck down and a large bolt remained in your hand. You breathed out through your nose as you grabbed the bolt with both hands and raised it over your head.

"Time to get to work!"

Once again in Magnolia . .

"Hey lady, where in the heck are we goin'?" Laxus grunted, stumbling through the alley that he was being led down.

"I want to show you your future." The lady said, "I'm here to warn you."

"Warn me 'bout what?"

"Ugh, I shouldn't have come to you while your judgement is clouded." She groaned, rolling her eyes. She spun around to face Laxus with a serious expression on her face. "But at the very least, I can try to make you remember both talking to me and what I'm about to show you."

Confused, Laxus was about to ask her what she meant, but she raised a hand instead. Her hand glowed white before the blond was engulfed in the light.

"Princess (Y/N) has returned."

"My daughter, it has been far too long."

"You're not human, (Y/N)."

"I won't allow you to be with that human man! He's not worthy of you!"

"I'm sorry, (Y/N) . ."

"KILL HIM!"

"I'm sorry, Laxus."

After several flashes of the future, the light dissipated and the alley was once again visible.

"What was that?" Laxus asked, suddenly sober and shocked.

"Those were images of the future. Your future with (Y/N)." The mysterious lady gave the blond a sympathetic look. Her next statement made the Fairy Tail Mage's jaw drop.

"And unfortunately, you will die."