Chapter 21

"Hey, (Y/N), what are you up to?" Laxus asked, walking up behind you.

"I'm gonna take a job." You replied, not taking your eyes off of the request board.

"Oh, mind if I come?"

"U-Um . ." You turned around shyly, staring at the floor. "I was - sort of - hoping that I could go by myself."

You saw the disappointment in Laxus' face and the slight frown. Now, you felt bad about rejecting him. He probably just wanted to spend alone time with you, but you wanted to go solo.

If he knew why you wanted to take a solo job, then he might understand. But there's no way you are going to tell him about the dream you had last night.

He'd just be angry and upset.

"Fine." Laxus muttered quite bitterly. "See you in a few days." With that being said, he stomped off while grumbling to himself.

You felt bad about hurting or offending him, but you deserved time to yourself, right? You turned back to the job request board and continued looking for a good job.

HELP! A MONSTER IS TERRORIZING THE ISLAND!

Location: Caesar Island

Reward: 2,000,000 jewels

You nodded your head in satisfaction once you spotted the request. You ripped it off of the board and walked to the bar where Mirajane (and coincidentally, Phoebe) was.

"I want to take this job." You informed Mira, holding up the paper.

"Okay, (Y/N)!" She smiled.

"C'mon, Phoebe." You mumbled the command, but the exceed obeyed nonetheless.

You walked out of the guild with your exceed partner following behind you. Meanwhile, your very grumpy boyfriend was still grumbling to himself as he sat with his personal team.

"Laxus, is there something you would like to get off your chest?" Freed asked, glancing at the muscular blond who looked like a stubborn child.

Laxus sat in his chair with his arms tightly crossed over his chest, his eyebrows were furrowed, and he even had a small pout on his lips.

"Why do you ask, huh, Freed?" Laxus growled, suddenly glaring at the green haired male. "You know somethin' I don't?"

"Wha-" Freed gasped, "No, of course not!"

"Laxus, what has gotten in to you?" Evergreen asked, surprised by Laxus' behavior.

"Yeah, man, you seem tense." Bickslow commented.

Laxus sighed, feeling a little bad about snapping at his team. "Sorry, guys." He apologized. Was it really bothering him that much? He had noticed something off with you ever since you came back to Fairy Tail after being freed from Sting's wish. It was a recent event, but still, you seemed to always be lost in thought and your feelings for Sting seemed to have changed. When you first met him, you despised him - you couldn't stand to be near him.

And now?

Now, it seemed as though you considered him an acquaintance of sorts. Possibly a friend.

For Laxus, that transition happened way too quickly.

"Could it be possible that (Y/N) doesn't love me anymore?" Laxus blurted out, staring mindlessly at the wooden tabletop.

"Laxus!" Evergreen gasped.

"Laxus, what is this all about?" Freed asked.

"Yeah, you don't sound like yourself." Bickslow added.

"It's nothing." Laxus said, shifting in his seat slightly. "It's just . . . (Y/N) has been spending a lot of time with Sting recently because of the whole genie mess." He was feeling more depressed by the second just talking about this. "What if she developed some feelings for him?"

"That's absurd!" Evergreen denied such accusations. "(Y/N) loves you, Laxus. Besides, you two have so much history together."

"Yeah, you guys were each other's first everything!" Bickslow chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm just . . worried." Laxus confessed. "And earlier, I kinda got the feeling that she was trying to avoid me."

"Laxus, I think you're a little paranoid." Freed said with a sympathetic smile. "You're worried about nothing. I'm sure (Y/N) is just having some issues to work through. She has been through a lot of confusion."

"Yeah, I guess." The blond mumbled.

You still love Laxus, right?

Meanwhile . . .

You groaned again, completely leaning forward and having your head dangle between your legs. You and Phoebe had packed your things and were now on a boat that would take you to Caesar Island.

"I-Is she going to be okay?" the owner of the boat asked, glancing at you with a sympathetic look.

"Oh, she'll be fine." Phoebe replied. "She just has motion sickness and isn't good with vehicles."

The middle aged man nodded in understanding, but also felt bad for you. He just hopes that you don't vomit in his boat.

"(Y/N)-san!"

As if your motion sickness wasn't enough, now Sting's grinning face just popped into your mind.

"(Y/N)."

And there goes Laxus and his mischievous smirk.

Was fate, or some other high being, toying with you? If they were, then they can stop now. Seriously, you don't need this kind of mental torture.

You just wanted peace.

And you wanted answers as to why this is happening to you. Are you simply confused because of the genie's magic? Or did you develop true feeling for Sting over the past week or so?

You hoped that you were confused, or that this was a very bad and long dream. But that's why you wanted time to yourself; so that you could have time to think.

And, of course, you needed someone to spill your problems to.

So, you are going to have to tell your partner about your 'teenage' girl issues, even though you aren't a teenager anymore.

Life for you seemed to be less complicated when you were a teenager.

Ironic, huh?

You felt the boat finally come to a stop and a sense of relief washed over you. "M-Miss, we're here." the boat owner informed you, a bit nervous that you were still going to vomit.

It took about ten seconds for your stomach to realize that you were no longer in motion. When you weren't sick anymore, you straightened you back and sat up with a contented sigh.

"Thanks, mister!" You saluted the middle aged man.

"Not a problem."

Phoebe handed you the luggage and then got onto your back before flying off on to Caesar Island.

Here we go . . .