Chapter One: Neptuna

ATTENTION IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PREVIOUS STORY THEN THIS WILL MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

"Carrie!" I screamed. 

He was falling, and falling fast, from so high up that I could hardly hear my own words over the thumping of my heart.

Panic was filling me as I was frozen in place.

His face was still, his blue-green eyes closed, his tousled blonde hair flowing with the wind that rushed past him. A giant scar was slowly being cut open, stretching down his face. His praetor cape whipped around his limp body. He was smoking. Literally, smoke was curling off him as he fell down to earth.

As he hit the ground a puff of smoke flew around him. Then the image disappeared.

"Are you one of the demigods on the quest?" A voice spoke behind me.

I turned to look at the speaker, my hand over my mouth and tears in my eyes. I nodded slightly.

"Y-yeah, I'm part of the quest." I answered weakly.

A man stood in front of me, a sword at his side.

"Darling, what's wrong?" A woman came over and hugged me.

"H-he fell... He's dead... No, no..." I whimpered, hugging back and burying my face in the woman's shoulder.

"Who, child?" She asked gently.

"C-Carrie... He was st-struck by l-lightning, a-and he fell... He f-fell..." I was so quiet I thought she might not have heard me.

"Where?"

"O-over there." I motioned toward the direction where the Pegasus had flown.

Just as I did so the pegasus came back and rubbed the woman's shoulder.

"Where is your rider?" The woman asked the pegasus.

"He jumped off of me." The winged horse answered, not caring the woman couldn't understand. "He fell somewhere behind the house."

"Okay, will you take me?" She whispered to the animal.

"Sure." The pegasus whinnied and began to trot away. The woman followed, but I stayed where I was, hugging myself and hanging my head. My heart couldn't take the pain of seeing Carrie hurt any more, so I didn't want to see him now. He might be dead, and seeing him like that would kill me inside.

"What's your name?" The man asked.

"N-Neptuna." I stuttered, not lifting my head to look at him.

"Well, Neptuna, it's nice to meet you. I'm Virtus."

My response was a small nod. I was having a hard time breathing, and I needed to calm down. Virtus put his hand on my shoulder and guided me toward the house.

"Let's get Angita to have a look at you."

"I-I'm not h-hurt, I'm s-scared..." I said quietly.

"She's good at calming people down."

"I-It w-won't help... H-He... H-he might be d-dead..." I started to shake my head weakly, trying to get the image of Carrie's crippled form out of my mind.

"Don't worry, he's fallen from high buildings before."

"I d-don't care, I'm j-just w-worried..."

"Why are you so worried? He'll be okay, I'm sure. Just try not to worry the other kids." Virtus guided me into the kitchen where everyone else was.

"Neptuna!" Max jumped up, "Oi mate, you had us worried."

"Where did you go?" Alivia asked, getting up from her chair and abandoning her deep conversation with a woman.

"Angita, can you check up on her?" Virtus looked at the woman.

"Sure." Angita nodded.

The woman gently took my arm and led me off down the hall and into a new, empty room. I sat down on the couch and she sat on the chair opposite the couch.

"Hm, no broken bones, other than a very old break in the right wrist. Little bit of a memory problem, do you want me to fix that up?"

"C-can you?"

"Of course, I'm a goddess of healing."

"Th-then please, do."

The woman stood and touched the top of my head.

"They'll return when you wake up in the morning. Is that all?"

"I-I'm scared." I told her. "C-Carrie is hurt."

"He's lived with Virtus, he's fine."

"W-what's that supposed t-to mean?"

"Virtus is the god of courage and military strength."

"B-but he fell from so high up... H-he might be d-dead..."

Angita leaned over and touched my chest. I could feel my heartbeat start to calm down.

"Better?"

"I g-guess, but I'm still worried about him."

"Why so worried?"

"I d-don't know if he wants me to tell..." I thought back to what Carrie had said before he went to fly into the storm. If he meant that, then I could tell the woman, right? "Well... H-he's my b-boyfriend..."

What she did was the opposite of what I was expecting. She leaned back and spoke.

"Good gods! Finally!"

"W-what?"

"Juventas keeps us informed. She keeps telling us about the girl's trying to make him fall in love with them. I'm so glad he just finally chose someone!"

"Y-you're... Glad?"

"Heck yes! Now let's get you some lunch." She got up and I stood along with her.

She lead me back to the kitchen and I sat down at the table. She sat a plate of grilled cheese sandwiches in front of me.

"Thanks." I smiled, I was kind of sick of fish.

"If you want any more just ask. By the way when you wake up tomorrow don't attack anyone."

"Why would I—"

"Just eat, you'll learn in the morning."

Slightly confused, I looked down at the grilled cheese and dug in.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back everyone to the awesome world of The Third Camp, sorry I'm not sorry about the cliffhanger last book! It's amazing how many reads the last book had gotten (ALMOST 500!) That's INSANE!

Well, I guess I shouldn't talk too long so you can read some other story (unless you're reading this a while from now and I've already updated) 

Please show your appreciation by liking and commenting  and bookmarking this so you can read more later on!