Chapter sixty three: Carrie

War.

I truly had to hold myself back from punching Chris. If you're wondering why the whole 'scared of the dark' thing, it has to do with Nyx. That's all I'm going to say. It was a bad time.

Once I saw Perseus, I knew: He wasn't as strong as I had previously believed.

Of course, I knew he would react horribly to the uh... forced flashback, yeah, let's call it that.

It's easier if I just tell you what happened. When Perseus tried to use his water powers some splashed him, since it was from the Underworld he relieved all of his memories from the place all at once. It can be a little overwhelming. But if I wouldn't've done that then the war would've gone in a completely different direction.

"Perseus. I know what you've been through. You might not believe me but I've been through a hell of alot worse. You're a warrior. A warrior that's been through a lot. Now everyone here is too scared to come close to you, Annabeth is worried for you. Come with me and I can fix that."

He nodded, I knew he couldn't speak, too terrified of what might come out. The great Perseus Jackson held his head under his arms. He wouldn't allow the sunlight to touch his skin. After being in darkness so long the sunlight burned, more painful than the river of fire, the only river safe to drink other than the river of lamentation, but it's the only river to drink if you want to live longer than just a couple of minutes.

I grabbed a chair and sat him down then did a quick scan of my surroundings. Reyna wasn't anywhere near, and I didn't hear Chiron's hooves. We were alone. I pulled off my dog tag and placed it on the ground.

"Connect me to Doleo." I ordered.

The usual shimmering wall appeared, a moment later Doleo set down her dog tag and her image came through.

"Yeah?" She questioned.

"Where's Katrina?"

"Probably by the temples. Why?"

"Find her and tell her she's needed in my cabin."

"Yes sir." She nodded and disconnected the image.

I picked my dog tag up and placed it back around my neck. Perseus' breath quickened, his eyes widened and he slowly started to rock in his chair.

"Oh gods." I murmured and crouched next to him. "Tell me what you see, don't think about the detail."

"Dark." He croaked. "Scared."

Nyx's castle, I should've known.

"Think about Annabeth, okay? Tell me what she's doing, what she looks like." I pushed him further.

"She's laughing. She's beautiful. Brochure. We made her angry and frustrated. We jumped into the palace."

"There's thumping, right?"

He nodded.

"It's getting louder, isn't it?"

He nodded again.

I knew someone had been there.

I just prayed that it wasn't Nyx again.

The door opened and Katrina quickly shut it behind her, she took in her surroundings and took a deep breath.

"I'm not wiping his memory, he's too important to the other camps. I don't want to wipe anyone else's memory—"

"Katrina, I know." I laughed.

"Then why am I here?" She questioned.

"A memory transfer."

"How's that possible with only one person?"