Chapter forty six: Neptuna

Two days until the war.

After half a day of hard work we were all rewarded a half-hour break. I snuck into the praetor cabin and waited for Carrie.

Curse my ADHD, gods darnit...

Within moments I started to look around. Hidden behind a fake shelf, there was a doorway.

"Hidden behind this door is, well, normal stuff. Nothing special here." Was carved into the wall, it was in Carrie's handwriting. I snorted.

Ah, what the heck? I opened the door and climbed the stairs.

The ceiling was at least twenty feet tall, all lumber.

The furthest wall was made of glass, easy and simple to watch over the camp. In front of the window were a couple of couches, in the middle of the room was a dry erase board, written on it was,

"An evil force threatens them all,

To sea or arrow Olympus will fall,

The Centaur, the arrow and war's daughter shall meet —> Understood

But one of them will get feat, —> Understood

All out war shall destroy the land

Five shall go to the place of sand

Though only one will return —> Possibly Understood

They shall make the water churn,

Only one group shall survive, —> Possibly Understood

One leader may not come back alive. —> Understood"

What could that mean?

I really had nothing to do so, like a normal person, I sat on the couch and stared out the window. But, like a child with ADHD, my eyes drifted to the surrounding walls. Something didn't feel quite right.

But before I could elaborate on what didn't feel right, something slammed downstairs.

Oh gods, was Carrie back already? Or was it someone else? Either way, this was going to be awkward.

"Carrie?" Someone yelled. "Thank gods, he's probably out with the children of Hephaestus and Vulcan."

Oh gods, it was Wallace. Darnit. How was I going to escape now?

There was a ruffling of drawers downstairs and I slowly opened the door that lead to the staircase, and begun to descend as slowly and as quietly as possible.

"Where does he keep the—" Wallace froze just as I slowly started to open the door at the bottom of the steps. "Oh, here it is!"

Oh gods, did he see me? Had he heard me? I had no idea, all I knew was that he was looking through Carrie's desk and he found what ever he was looking for.

What was he looking for?

The glass vial caught my eye, he shook it and the clear, molasses like substance sloshed inside the vial and it shone a spotlight-like beam of light onto his face.

His face shone like a madman and his grin just added to his seemingly crazed expression.

He pulled out a syringe and filled it with the clear substance.

Then threw his head back and laughed like a crazy person.

Or, should I say, the crazy person that he is.

I didn't know what the stuff was, I did know one thing, I had to warn Carrie.