Chapter forty five: Alivia

Two days until war.

"Alivia! Get up and get to work! Come on, you aren't allowed to be a healer to just sit there!" Marissa yelled at me and motioned to Apollo.

"Yes ma'am." I sighed and rushed over to the sun god.

"Check his vitals." She ordered.

"Yes ma'am." I started arranging the blood pressure cuff and heart rate monitor.

All normal, or at least what I would expect of a god.

"Steven! Ann! Mary! You guys are out in the field today, get down to the field and wait for instructions."

She snapped her fingers in front of my face, breaking my gaze.

"Stop making googly eyes at the god and get to work."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Good." She glared at me and went back to giving people orders.

"I wish you were my dad." I murmured.

"What was that, nerd?" Marissa spun around and growled at me.

"Nothing Ma'am."

"That's what I thought."

I went back to checking Apollo's blood pressure. My eyes drifted to the god's face. So much like Carrie, yet completely different people. Same blue eyes, though Apollo's eyes were closed. His blonde hair stayed perfect, even though he had been in the coma for a few days.

Carrie had been acting differently ever since Grace disappeared.