Chapter forty one: Neptuna

Three days until the war.

The day went by pretty slowly, though nothing out of the usual happened.

During history I finally started to doze off, I knew I would at some point today, I didn't get much sleep the previous night. My head rested on the cool desk and I immediately was thrown into a nightmare.

Carrie was sitting in a rolling chair across from Chiron.

Wait, it was Chris, not Carrie.

"--don't trust him." Percy was whispering to Chiron. "For all we know he's a spy for that other camp."

"You both know I can hear you, right?" Chris rolled his eyes.

"Shut up!" Percy shot.

Classic Percy, the idiot.

"Geez, calm down, I didn't break out of prison for this."

"You probably didn't break out of any prison." Percy growled.

"I did, actually." Chris raised an eyebrow.

The only difference between Chris and Carrie is Carrie's scar and eyes. Two gargantuan differences but still, they looked seriously alike.

"How can we be sure? Take us to the camp, then we'll listen."

"I can't." He shrugged.

"And why is that? Because you're lying?"

"No, because Carrie disabled my portals." Chris rolled his eyes.

"What portals?" Percy eyed him.

"You guys haven't figured that out yet? Oh, wow. Well, I'm not going to tell you, that would spoil the fun." Chris grinned.

"What are you talking about, child?" Chiron scanned the boy that sat in front of him.

"Don't worry, Carrie'll probably plan some grand finale to show you guys."

"What are you—" Percy started.

The image changed.

Suddenly everything went black.

"Your praetor has until midnight on June 20th to return what he has unrightfully stolen from Zeus. If he does not do so by the deadline then part of Zeus' soul shall latch onto your praetor's and he shall be killed for it. You have been warned." A voice boomed from the darkness.

My eyelids shot open and I looked around.

There were people on the ground, not one person was conscious. My head was throbbing with pain.

I let out a groan of pain, slowly stood then, clutching the table for support, started to shake Liza awake, Doleo was off in a war meeting.

A few terrifying moments later everyone started to stir.

"What in the name of the gods was that?" Liza growled, clutching her head.

"I have no idea." I sighed and rubbed my head.

"I have to go check on the other classes, to make sure everyone is alright, don't leave the room." Ricky nodded then ran off.

"Did everyone have the same blackout?" Liza stood up.

"The one with the voice talking about the praetor and Zeus?" Someone spoke up.

"That's the one." She gave a slight nod.

"Yeah, we all had it." Everyone echoed.

"That is not good." She moaned and put her hands over her face.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked the class as a whole.

"Headache." A few of them grunted, a few others yelled at those people to shut up because they were being too loud, and the ones left just kept massaging their heads.

"Well, that's good... right? No physical injuries?" I turned to Liza, hope gleaming in my eyes.

Was I actually starting to care for theses people? I hoped not, it would make it a lot harder to stab them in the back.

"It's as good as we can get." Liza nodded to me then addressed the class. "Does anyone know who's voice that was?"

Everyone shook their heads and Ricky ran back in.

"Everyone's fine, almost everyone had the same blackout." He informed us.

"'Almost'?" I questioned.

"Almost everyone." He nodded.

"Who didn't?" Liza eyed him.

"Only the praetor didn't have the blackout."