Chapter sixty: Neptuna

War.

They were elephants to kittens. That's all I could see, yet I could see everything from the ridge.

Camp Ops was completely silent, but you could hear almost everything from the other camp. Including Clarisse. Wow, was she loud.

Camp Ops was so much bigger than Camp Half Blood and Camp Jupiter combined! Both of my families were about to fight, maybe die.

Because of love.

I prayed that Carrie would be okay.

Please, please let him live, please for once in your immortal lives care about a demigod. Please let Carrie live. Please, I don't even care if I die, just let Carrie live. I prayed.

"Watch out, seven life forces coming toward us, all extremely powerful. Oh wait, make that six, one isn't alive." Liza warned us.

"That is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard." I laughed, but stood up all the same, trident in hand.

"Get used to it." I could tell she was smirking.

"Hey, Neptuna. Remember what Carrie taught us, you saw what happened to Percy." Regar reminded me.

"Yeah." I shuddered, I remembered my brother's scream of pain.

"Guys, don't let them know that we know that they're here." Sparky told the group.

"Confusing, but sure." I laughed, sat back down in the shade and started to sharpen my trident.

The others did what came naturally to them. Mostly sharpening their blades. Liza was jokingly jabbing me with her pitchfork, probably imagining that she was actually stabbing me. That kind of worried me.

The demigod group tried to sneak around up, probably toward where they believed our camp to be.

"Say goodbye to your leaders." Carrie boomed from below.

We got up and watched as Carrie shot both Reyna and Chiron. Annabeth placed her hand over her mouth as tears filled her eyes. The rest just got really angry.

I can't say I wasn't kind of angry about that too.

"Well then." Sparky laughed.

"You can all either come peacefully or attack us." Regar spoke.

"We already have Percy Jackson, and he's the only one that could change the way this war is going to end." Liza crossed her arms, her pitchfork leaning on her leg.

They exchanged glances. Jason flipped his coin, Annabeth got out her drakon bone sword, Thalia got out her bow, and Frank and Hazel both got ready to use their powers. And Nico just stood there.

"Nico Di Angelo? Will you fight like your sisters? Or do you choose to come peacefully?" Liza asked, obviously hoping that her brother would come peacefully.

"Sisters?" He eyed her.

"Yes, Hazel and Bianca."

"Don't you dare talk about Bianca." He growled, bringing out his sword.

The ground started writhing around his feet.

"Two can play at that game." Liza growled.

Skeletons erupted behind us.

Skeletons erupted in front of us, but less.

Yay. Skeletons. One of the many reasons Nico and I broke up.

Jason raised his sword and summoned a lightning bolt. Just as it came for us I put up a water shield to protect us. He gaped at me for a second then he gained his abilities to fight. He came at me, sword in hand, determined to win.

I glanced over really quick and saw Cameron about to hurt Nico, bad. The people we were fighting didn't even notice that their friend was about to die. I ran over and disarmed Cameron.

"We don't have orders to kill." I hissed.

"But they do." He growled.

"That doesn't matter! Follow orders!"

Nico gaped at me.

Oh gods, he knew who I was. Why, why did I have to talk?

"Watch out!" Cameron pushed me to the side and summoned a lightning bolt.

"You know, you're really annoying." Thalia growled to Cameron.

"That's what I'm known for." He nodded and launched himself at the hunter of Artemis.

I did a quick swipe at Nico and he disappeared. The next thing I know I was being tackled to the side by none other than Annabeth.

One by one the greatest heroes Olympus has ever know got taken down by Camp Ops. Frank and Hazel got taken down together, then Thalia, then Jason.

I know that makes it sound like they went down really easily but that's definitely not right. They got a lot of really good blows on us.

I got a spear to the head and had blood pouring down the right side of my face, over my right eye and dripping off my chin, soaking into the bandana.

We all looked down below, there were people being carried out on stretchers, the healers were running around too much work for such a small team.

"Should we head down to help them out?" Sparky questioned.

"Can someone carry me down there? I'm having a little trouble staying conscious." Cameron slurred then promptly started to fall.

Sparky caught his half-brother and picked him up bridal style.

"Cam's lost a lot of blood." He stated.

"So have I, but I'm not so weak as to collapse." I snorted.

"Okay, let's go." Regar nodded and opened a portal big enough for all of us to fit through.

We stepped through and appeared next to a tent the healers set up.

People were disappearing and reappearing, there was a portal across the whole wall that everyone was using.

"Oh gods, look at the time." I checked the clock on the wall. "We have two hours before—"

"We know." Regar nodded.

"I have to find him." I broke off from the group and went searching for Carrie, but he was nowhere to be found.