Chapter seven: Neptuna

After everyone packed up we all got back on our pegasi.

"Meet up at Jansen, Colorado. If there are any problems then use your dog tag." Natalie instructed right before we all sped off into the still dark sky. I rubbed Jeff's neck while thinking.

What if Carrie is there? Will I see him again? Will I get the chance to tell him I'm sorry, and that I love him?

The sun started to rise just as Jeff slowed down. I had never seen the sun rise from the sky, I wondered if this is how the gods saw it. Apollo definitely didn't see it like this because he was the one driving, but I was curious to know how the gods like Poseidon and Zeus saw it.

"Amazing, isn't it?" Alivia pulled up next to me.

"Yeah." I murmured, still gazing at the sun rise.

"Why does Max not like you?"

"No idea." I lied.

"Are you sure?" Alivia eyed me.

"Yeah, I think he just finds me annoying." I sighed.

"I doubt it, Max is extremely tolerant of annoying people."

"Well I must be extra annoying then."

"That can't be it, though."

I shook my head just as Natalie called from behind, "We're almost there! We just need to land!"

"Alright!" Alivia yelled over her shoulder before she had her pegasus head downward. I had Jeff stay in the sky, circling. No one really protested as they went down to land.

"Jeff, how high are we?"

"About a mile and a half off the ground."

"Can we go higher?"

"Sure." Jeff flew another half-mile into the sky, still flying in circles. I didn't dare look down, because of my minor fear of heights, but I looked around at the surrounding sky that was slowly getting lighter and lighter. Suddenly I saw another pegasus in the sky, with a passenger. I couldn't tell what the passenger looked like, but I could see a purple cape, and my heart lept.

"Carrie!" I said loudly, speeding in the flying horse's direction. The passenger turned his head and saw me, then blinked.

"Neptuna?" He just had time to say before Jeff came to a stop next to his pegasus, floating in the air.

"Carrie, I'm so sorry, I accused you of dating Grace when I had been dating someone else as well, I can't believe how stupid I was, please forgive me, I'm sorry!" I said quickly, doubting he understood half of what I said.

"What in the name of the gods are you talking about? I haven't seen you since school."

"...Wh-what?" I asked.

"So, you're a demigod, huh?"

"I-I..." I couldn't form words. How does he not remember?

"Well, ah, see you around." He patted his pegasus and it shot toward where Natalie, Alivia, and Max were setting up camp. I felt Jeff follow, but was too busy being in utter shock to pay attention. Jeff landed and I slowly got off. I pulled out my tent and began to set it up wordlessly, numb from shock.

"Hey Carrie." Max went over and gave him a brotherly hug.

Natalie nodded to him.

"Hi." He nodded back.

"So, what was the business you had to finish up?" Natalie walked over.

I finished setting up my tent in silence and went inside, then lay down and stared at the ceiling. I closed my eyes.

Aphrodite, why did you have to do this to me?

I didn't expect an answer but one came anyway.

It was not me, child, it was the other gods. They forced me. The Master Bolt deleted his memories of his last thought... You.

I wanted to cry hearing that I was his last thought, but I had to ask... Why can he still remember me during the school year?

He did not think of you as anything more than a distant friend. Do not stay too close to him. The gods aren't happy that he is alive.

I bit my lip, my eyes still closed. But... I-I want him to remember me. How can I achieve that without being close to him?

You cannot unless you are more powerful then the Master Bolt itself.

I'm not, but my love for him is.

Then I wish you luck.

I don't need it. With that, I opened my eyes and sat up.