Chapter three: Neptuna

For the rest of the day Max kept glaring at me. Finally dinner rolled around.

"Okay, so my plan is to leave after breakfast tomorrow." Natalie spoke up.

"What about Carrie?" Max asked, his eyes still laser focused on me.

I clenched my fists again and looked down at my plate, which was left untouched. I tried not to tell them that Carrie wouldn't be coming.

"He'll join you on the road, he just had some... unfinished business to sort out." Virtus reassured Natalie and Max.

"You guys can take some pegasi from the yard." Angita nodded as if they had went over the plan a million times, which they had.

Breakfast came and went way too quickly for my liking. I still didn't eat.

"Okay, is everyone packed?" Natalie asked once we were gathered around the pegasi.

"Everyone's packed," Alivia repeated for the hundredth time.

"Okay, let's get on our pegasi." Natalie directed though she didn't seem sure of herself. I climbed on the only pegasus I could see that wasn't in the slightest white, a grey stallion with black stripes, and stayed quiet.

"Okay everyone meet back up at Sevier Lake, no questions." Natalie's pegasus started flying and she shot off toward the sky, Max's followed her's and mine followed his.

"Ah, it feels so good to fly again." My pegasus sighed.

"Do you know where Sevier Lake is?" I asked quietly.

"Wow, you can hear me?"

"No, I just spoke to you for no reason." I said sarcastically. "Just answer my question, please."

"Yeah I know where it is, is that where we're going?"

"Yes."

"Alright."

"Can you fly fast, ...?"

"Jeff."

"Can you fly fast, Jeff?"

"If you would like."

"Then please do."

I heard a swoosh sound and Max appeared next to me.

"What do you want?" I glared at him.

"If I found out you brought Carrie to that... that disgrace of a camp or you told him anything about it then I will throw you back to Tartarus, where you belong. Got it, mate?"

I nodded meekly and took a deep breath. "To be honest I don't know where Carrie is. And I don't care if you throw me to Tartarus... It would be better than this." Then Jeff shot off ahead of everyone else. I took another deep breath and closed my eyes.

Carrie is missing, I told myself in my head. You're probably never going to see him again. Max hates you. You can't go home. You can never mention Camp Half Blood on this quest.

Before I knew it I saw a lake in the distance.

"Is that it?" I asked.

"Yep." Jeff nodded.

Jeff landed on the water's edge and I climbed off.

After me, Natalie came. Then Max landed next to her. Alivia landed next to me but stumbled a little when she got off. Max caught her and kept her on her feet.

"Okay, so the plan is to spend the night here then head to Jansen, in Arizona." Natalie said. "Let's get started on setting up camp."

Within five minutes I was sitting on a log looking into the fire, four tents behind me.

"Neptuna, you want a sandwich? We can make you one without meat, if you want." Alivia offered. I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." I lied.

"Are you sure? I didn't see you eat breakfast."

"I'm not hungry." I repeated.

"You should still eat."

"I'm fine."

"...Alright." She sighed.