Chapter thirty four: Carrie

Five days until the war.

I stumbled and grabbed the stone table for support and suddenly I sat in the attic of the praetor cabin, looking out the window.

Suddenly I spotted two people—

Neptuna and Chris.

Chris!

He was the one that escaped—

Without warning my thoughts froze.

Chris. Kissed. Neptuna.

Why does this make me hate him more? Why does this make my heart ache? What is this emotion I feel? Why does it look like Neptuna is enjoying it?

I watched Chris, if he was still— no, he couldn't be. Uranos was dead.

Chris spoke in his normal smooth voice, after he finally got his filthy lips off of Neptuna, so that meant it was him. Sadly he was still a criminal.

It was an extremely long tale of how he became a criminal that only a few people at the camp know about. But the number of people that know doesn't matter, it's still burned in my mind.

In an instant I returned to my regular body, I pulled myself up, Pluto was eyeing me but Hades was still watching the map of the prison.

"You almost died." Pluto stared at me in horror.

"Yeah." I stood fully upright and brushed my shirt off.

"But— How?"

"Oh, right you weren't there during the wars." Hades laughed.

"Can we just, not talk about it?" I sighed and could feel the blood returning to my face.