Chapter fifty one: Neptuna

The war is tomorrow.

Let's just not speak of what happened last night, shall we?

That's what I thought.

So, uh...

Well, let's start with breakfast.

I walked into the mess hall in the morning, avoiding looking up at the Head table. As I walked past that group of girls who had tried to put a love potion in Carrie's drink, I heard them gossiping about putting another one in his drink.

"This is so exciting!" I heard them whispering.

"Okay, okay, we have to calm down or he'll suspect something. Who has the stuff?"

"I have it." One of the girls brought out a pink vial.

"Good. Now, I can't put it in, he'll suspect something."

"I can use the mist." A girl raised her hand.

"That would work."

"Okay, give me the vial."

The girl with the vial handed it to the other girl and proceed to act like she was just walking past the head table. Then she sat back down and nodded.

"It's done."

"That was awesome. We didn't even see anything!"

"That's good."

"Okay, now we just wait for him to take a drink."

Carrie took a big gulp of his drink then scanned over the crowd. He locked eyes with me and nearly choked on his drink.

"It's working."

"Okay, I'll go see if it worked." She stood up and strutted over to the head table, her making sure her hair was perfect on the way. I snorted and glanced at Carrie, to see if he was watching her, but his eyes were trained on me. My smile melted away and my face burned red, just like last night.

She got to the head table and said something to Carrie. He smiled (I couldn't tell if it was fake) and responded. She nodded and returned to the table.

"I think it worked!" She squealed and grinned stupidly.

Oh gods, did it work?

Elymas strutted over to the table obviously to yell at the girls for trying to put something in Carrie's drink.

He sat down to yell at them then rested his chin on his hand.

"Hey." He tried (and failed) to flirt with the girls.

I almost choked on my food laughing.

Oh gods, this was hilarious. He flexed his nonexistent muscles at the girls and forced his eyebrows to dance the dance of love.

They got Elymas, not Carrie!

Carrie walked by.

"I blame you for whatever he does." He told the girls.

I snorted. He glanced my way, and his cheeks tinted pink. Then he grabbed Elymas' shirt and pulled him away.

They exchanged looks of disbelief and anger than they all turned toward the girl that was supposed to give him the love potion.

"Wrong drink idiot!"

"Come on!"

"We were so close!"

"What the Hades?"

"He didn't even notice this time!"

"It would've worked!"