Chapter twenty one: Carrie

19 days until the war.

"Wow, this place is amazing." Elymas breathed after I gave him a tour around camp.

"Sadly you came at one of the worst times, we're going to war soon." I laughed as I looked out the window of my cabin seeing the children of Hephaestus and Vulcan building war machines in the field.

Though they almost never worked together, the children of Hephaestus and Vulcan worked surprisingly well with each other.

"It's still awesome." Elymas laughed.

"So, are you ready to meet your new cabin mates? Or do you want to wait?"

He shifted on his feet, obviously fearful of meeting so many people at once.

"Don't worry, you can wait."

"W-what will happen to Marshmallow?"

"She may do whatever she likes, the townspeople are very friendly to animals and no camper would dare hurt an animal that is on our side."

"Oh, good." He relaxed a little.

"So what's it like?" I asked.

"What's what like?"

"To not have a home, I've always had this place."

"Normal." He shrugged.

"How is that normal?"

"It's normal for me, I've never known anything different. It's hard at times but I grew up in a town where I was just the kid that didn't get everything he wanted, that's all."

"Sounds pretty lucky."

"I was, and I still am."

"Hey, if you ever need anything just ask."

"I will. Um, Carrie?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm ready to meet my cabin mates now."

"Okay, there's a cabin that I showed you earlier you're going to go in there and the girl in there will take you to your cabin."

"Okay." He nodded and left.

Not much happened the rest of the day, lunch whizzed by, finally I asked Juventas why Caleb's door was missing. Apparently after I left on the quest Caleb went back to council. After dinner, war, boys won yet again.

As I layed down to go to sleep I thought about the day, I thought about how I shouldn't've been sad, I thought about for soon my family would fight a battle against my friends. Or at least the people I thought were my friends. But as I thought about all of those things I didn't realise I had already fallen asleep.

"Carrie I know you'll see this at some point." A voice growled, "I want you to know in the battle that is coming up I will do what I promised in our childhood, whether it kills me or not, I will make sure you die a very long and painful death. I have my memory back and I'm coming for you."

I woke up in a cold sweat, panting.

I jumped up and felt under my shirt, I felt the scar of the day that Fred promised that he would kill me.

I ran my fingers over my whole back, my whole stomach. The scars were still there. They'll always be there.

Still haunting me.

Haunting me forever.