Chapter thirty: Carrie

18 days until war.

"Lycaon, I'm willing to try." I finally gave up, the pain that was seeping into my veins was too overwhelming.

The more I thought about it, I knew the arrow had been poisoned. Since I had gotten back to my cabin Lycaon had been trying to talk me into eating some ambrosia.

"This is still the freakiest thing I've ever seen." Sparky sunk into Grace's chair as Lycaon went into my fridge to get some nectar.

He stuck a straw into the soda glass and stuck it into my limp mouth.

I could feel the color return to my face.

"Don't you dare sit there." I growled at Sparky and he jumped up.

Instead of sitting in a chair like a normal person he stood in front of my desk and just floated there, cross-legged. Sons of Zeus and Jupiter were annoying, don't you think?

"My time for questions." He spoke, an almost angry look sketched upon his face.

"I'm finishing this." Lycaon took the drink from my desk and sat down in the chair, almost as if watching some sort of television show.

"Why is he here?"

"Really? I'm a he now?" Lycaon snarled.

"Be quiet. You terrorized this camp for longer than anyone can imagine, you don't deserve—"

"Lycaon is not a friend, he is an ally." I stopped their fight.

"But how?"

"Long story short, Lycaon attacked me, I engaged in battle, I won, he thought of me worthy. We struck a deal."

"That's not right! You don't just strike deals with psychopaths!"

"I am not a psychopath!" Lycaon snarled, slowly rising to his feet.

"He doesn't know you as much as I do." I waved my hand and gestured for the werewolf to sit back down.

"You act like you're friends." Sparky whispered.

"We aren't." I insisted.

"I quite agree with the young pup, even business partners seems to stretch the truth, for being business partners requires trust. Trust is something we both lack in each other." Lycaon nodded.

I ignored him and continued to stare into Sparky's stormy eyes.

"In time of war one must make horrible decisions." I sighed.

"I am not a—"

"Go back to your cave, Lycaon, before this gets worse. Whatever you wanted to speak to me about will just have to be moved to a later time."

He found it hopeless to argue, with a small growl he got up and left. Hopefully he wouldn't be spotted.

"You had something on your mind tonight, when you came in here." I spoke with a certain courage that was normal to my voice.

"Yeah, I did."

"If you don't mind me asking, what was that thing?"

"We've all come to a verdict."

"A verdict of what?" I eyed him.

"You haven't been acting like yourself, ever since you came back from your quest. We've tried to get answers from the other people that went on the quest but they haven't been responding."

"Who is 'we'?"

"I can't tell you."

"Then just listen. Yes the quest changed me, quests change everyone but for me I am not used to gods attacking. I have seen many strange things but fighting Zeus definitely tops the charts. I did not go looking for trouble, trouble finds me. You understand that, I know you do. So open your eyes and see."

"My eyes are opened, but they don't see Carrie in front of me."

"Then you aren't seeing correctly."

"I'm seeing perfectly well and you know that." He stood and stormed out.