Chapter fifty five: Grace

War.

Percy was freaking out for some reason, something about Annabeth being kidnapped.

"Clarise, calm down!" I held back the daughter of Ares for about the millionth time that day.

"Let me at 'em!" She fought against my hold.

I didn't remember much of my past, I remembered a place with a lot of hills, but not much after that. But I did remember a boy named Carrie. Not who he was or where he lived, just his face. He might've been my brother, I had no idea.

Will was kind of nice, though he was still really sad and angry about some girl that disappeared, no one will really tell me the story.

"Stop fighting!" I growled.

"No!" She yelled. "They kidnapped one of our warriors!"

"They didn't kidnap anyone." Reyna came up behind us. "She went of her own free will, they just honored the agreement they he made with us."

"'He'?" I questioned.

"Yeah, their leader."

"What's his name?" My hopes started to rise.

"That doesn't matter." She shook her head. "Now, do we have a plan for attack?"

"So far we're going to send team one to the mountains, they'll attack from the side, the other camp won't expect that. They'll have to adapt, which will leave a gap in their defences."

"Then what?"

"We'll send in two and three, toward the middle. Then the archers will set up wherever they can. The rest of the teams will attack head on."

"Hey, is anyone suspicious of that girl that the other praetor had with him?" Jason suddenly said.

"Hey, I trust him, if he said that that girl is his co-praetor then that's what she is." Reyne spoke up.

"Are you kidding me?" Percy started. "We're at war and you're saying that you trust the leader of the enemy team?"

"I've known him longer than you." She spun on Percy.

"Still! He's the enemy! He took Courtney!"

"Camp Half Blood was the enemy at one point, do you remember that?"

"Of course I remember that! But they kidnapped my sister! You guys never kidnapped a family member!"

"Your camp thought we kidnapped you! And we thought you guys kidnapped Jason! What's the difference?"

"Wow, that's a lot of kidnapping." I gaped at their argument.

"'What's the difference'? 'What's the difference'? They kidnapped my sister and now my girlfriend!"

"Annabeth went on her own, no one forced her to go into enemy territory. He wouldn't hurt her anyway!"

"Then why'd he shoot her?"

"That's how he works."

"Are you seriously defending him?"

"Yes!"

"Wh—"

"Would you two please shut up!" Clarise boomed. "If you're defending the enemy then you should pick a side, go join them or stay with us, the choice is yours."

Reyna went silent, but I knew Percy was incapable of shutting up.

"You're just defending him because you like him." He grumbled.