Chapter thirty one: Neptuna

17 days until war.

After breakfast I hiked into the mountains, I had seen Camp Ops' way of fighting and if Camp Half Blood and Camp Jupiter went against this then then wouldn't stand a chance. I needed to warn Percy, or anyone. An Iris message might work but I couldn't be sure.

Sitting down at the river bank, I pulled out a golden drachma and tossed it in.

"Ugh, I haven't done one of these things in so long, I think it goes, 'Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering.' Show me Percy Jackson at Camp Half Blood."

Nothing happened, my drachma sat in the water not moving.

"Stupid coin." I sighed and fished it out.

I threw it in and repeated the saying a few more times, each time saying someone else's name. Finally I ran out of people at both camps.

"What are you doing up here?" Liza boomed behind me.

"Nothing." I shoved the drachma into my pocket and stood, simultaneously wiping the dirt from my camo leggings.

"I saw that." She eyed my pocket.

"Saw what?" I raised my eyebrow.

"The golden drachma."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I insisted.

"How did you get it? They're extremely rare here. Normally people only have it if they—"

"I'm not from another camp, if that's what you're saying."

"Who said you were from another camp?" She eyed me. "I was going to say people only have them if they're well connected with the children of Hermes, they have like a black market for goods, or have a sibling in another camp."

"People have siblings in other camps?"

"Duh, of course, a lot of people have siblings in other camps. That's why it's so bad that the camps are going to war. Sadly some people took it into their own hands to wipe their sibling's memories of them when they went their separate ways." She stared into the distance with a certain sadness glistening in her eyes.

"Who would be that dumb?" I laughed trying to hide that I was actually from a different camp.

"You would be surprised." She sighed and the ground started to wither at her feet, I wasn't surprised, Nico— One of my close friends (and an ex boyfriend)— did this sometimes when he got too uncomfortable.

"How'd you find me?"

"Regar always comes here when he needs to think. But anyway, Doleo put me in charge of making sure you don't ditch class."

"Fine, let's go." I sighed.

We strolled down to the field, where our whole cabin was already paired up.

"Ah, I knew there was two more!" Juventas exclaimed where we lined up.

"You both can be each other's partners." Borac growled, then turned toward the rest of the group. "Go find a location, don't go too far, and start fighting."

Liza lead the way but I didn't mind. I had bigger things to worry about.

Liza and I fought, I won this time (no surprise there).

That's how it went the next few days, classes and me endlessly trying to contact my camp. Camp Ops wasted no time, within ten days until the war there were war machines everywhere, the training with the other children of the big three was doubled. But once it got five days until war, that's when it started to get weird.