Chapter forty eight: Carrie

Two days until war.

Good gods, why did Neptuna have to come to the makeshift camp? I mentally ranted about how stupid she would have had to have been to show up.

Oh, that's right, she didn't know about the lookouts...

Still! Why did she have to show up?

I just prayed that Perseus hadn't seen her...

I finally took a deep breath and began to remember her warning... Why had she seemed so nervous? It must've been a real threat.

I just hoped that it wasn't the drawer that I kept the confiscated serums. Most of them were just petty love potions made by campers in order to slip into my drink.

Others were far more powerful, things I hadn't been trained against. Truth serums, draughts of Somnus, and extremely powerful poisons.

...And Will, good gods, overreactions much? What was with the confused rant about missing Courtney? I-I mean Neptuna.

To be honest Courtney and Neptuna were different people, if anyone says different then they are mistaken. Courtney is from Camp Half-Blood and could barely fit in at Camp Jupiter. Neptuna, on the other hand, fits in perfectly at Camp Ops and I'm pretty sure that she likes it there too. After the war I really hope she stays at Camp Ops. It would be great to see her every day.

Oh gods, what am I saying?

Why do I want her to stay at Camp Ops?

Why do I want to see her beautiful, smiling face every day?

What—

Did I just—

Oh gods—

I slowly began to realize what was happening to me.

And why, oh gods why, do I like it?

Her blue eyes...

Her brown hair...

Such skill with a trident.

Did I have feelings for her?

No way.

I couldn't.

It was impossible.