Chapter five: Carrie

If someone told me two weeks ago that the king of the gods would come down and shoot me with his Master Bolt, I wouldn't believe a word of it.

But if you told me I would survive that strike I would call you the biggest liar in the world.

So, I guess I have to call myself a liar.

Pain, pure pain, that's all I felt.

I opened my eyes but it was hard, I had never been so surprised to be alive. But I knew why I was alive; my praetor cape had kept me going.

I stood and clutched my head, I guess being stuck by lightning can give you a pretty big migraine.

"Nothing good happens in Nevada." I sighed and stumbled toward a patch of trees.

I knew that I had to get to safety quickly, the gods would come after me the second they figured out I was alive. I finally reached the cover of trees and slumped down underneath a short oak, I could barely feel any if not all of my limbs.

Why'd the gods come after me? My whole life I've done nothing but try to prove myself to them. I guess that's what I get for trying to prove myself.

Something was coming toward me, I got up and ran as quietly and as fast as I could.

"Emma." I whispered, "If you can hear me come and get me."

I reached my hand up and it gripped the pegasus' neck. Once I was safely on her back I leaned toward her ear.

"Let's fly fast, Trinidad Colorado."

And we sped off into the sky.