Chapter forty four: Carrie

Two days until war.

I allowed Annabeth to speak again, as long as she stayed invisible.

"So what's your camp called?" She questioned.

"Camp Ops."

"How long have you known Reyna and Chiron?"

"That's a very vague question, if you mean how long I have known of their existence, always. If you mean how long have they known of me, I say a few years, ever since the giant war. We were brought together by the gods, who summoned all of us to a classified location and almost killed each other, but being the leaders that we all are we reasoned that it's probably not the best idea to kill each other."

"So Courtney didn't tell you everything about us? Then how do you know all about us?"

"I don't know of the Courtney you speak of, and it's classified how we know everything about all of you."

"You really don't know who Courtney is?"

"No idea." I lied.

"Why do you trust me with this information?"

"You won't tell anyone until the time is right. Plus it's a great way to piss off your boyfriend." I smirked.

"That can't be the only reason."

"As I said before, your story is fascinating to me."

"But why though?"

"Many reasons, the greatest is that when you first ran away there was actually a team from Camp Ops that was sent to collect you and bring you to our camp. But when the team got there you were meeting Thalia Grace and Luke Castellan. Both of which were unknown to the team so they retreated."

"... Really?"

"Yes." I nodded slightly. "The team was ordered to locate you and protect you from monsters but once you found the two other demigods they had no idea what to do. Years of training out the window by a bunch of little kids. That, Annabeth Chase, is why I find your story utterly fascinating."

"So I could've been—"

"Yeah, you could've never met Thalia Grace, Luke Castellan, Perseus Jackson, or any of the people you know today. But maybe Chiron, that's up for debate."

She didn't speak, I expected just as much from the daughter of Athena.

"I'm extremely surprised that Athena hasn't done anything about us talking yet."

"Why would she?"

"She kind of... doesn't like me, at all. It's a long story." I sighed.

"Why haven't we ever seen anyone from your camp?"

"We are trained by the best, no offence to either of your camps, let's just say we don't need a magical hat to become invisible, or take as long as your friend Thalia to learn the way of the mist. Heck, I was learning it by the time I was finally going to first grade."

"Who's your godly parent?"

"Apollo."

"Who's missing from your camp of high power?"

"That's classified." I growled. "Not to mention it's none of your business."

"So there is someone missing? I knew this was just like the time Percy disappeared and Jason came to our camp!"

"I said it was classified—"

"How classified exactly?"

"That is none of your business. Now you may run back to your boyfriend and tell him everything I have told you, or you may leave and not tell him or Chiron anything, though Reyna will know that you are hiding something, and the gods know you can't keep a big secret like this from her or your other friends, Hazel Levesque and Piper McLean, to be exact."

"I can't deny that."

"Now, I must ask you a question of my own, has Chiron done anything that he wouldn't normally do?"

"Why do you ask?"

"A prisoner escaped from Hades' private prison, one of the most dangerous ones that Camp Ops has seen since— nevermind. The prisoner has been known from controlling people through many ways, dreams, mind tricks, you name it, they've done it."

"What's their name? Oh wait, let me guess, it's classified."

"Correct." I nodded. "We have already sent out numerous search teams to look for this prisoner, ones that have been specially trained in defence to their powers. So far we have had no luck. Neither have Pluto or Hades."

"'Pluto or Hades'." She quoted me, sounding sarcastic and like she was rolling her eyes.

"Yes. They both have assisted us in the search."

"But why?"

"Hades has a grudge against the prisoner, Pluto just likes me, I guess." I shrugged.

"Why were they thrown into prison?"

"For reasons we will not discuss, but we may discuss after the battle, if you survive."

"I will."

"You can only hope." I gazed into the brush surrounding the makeshift camp.

"I will." She laughed.

"Perseus is looking for you." I sighed. "Follow my lead." I started walking down the hill to meet Perseus before he made a horrible decision, like get seen by literally anyone but me.

Once I got close to Perseus he went to punch me for gods know what, so I did the logical thing, I flipped him then pulled him back to a standing position.

He grabbed my shirt collar. "How the hell did you find—"

"I have my ways." I flipped him for the second time and he jumped back up.

"Where's my girlfriend?" He growled, looked slightly left or my shoulder then his eyes widened and her returned to glaring at me.

"You mean Annabeth Chase?"

"Obviously, idiot."

"She should be with you, right?"

"You better pray before the battle."

"I have my doubts about that." I smirked.

"Oh really? Well—"

"Goodbye Perseus Jackson. Watch out, next time I might just allow someone else to check out the mysterious movement in the brush, and they won't be as pitiful as I have been."

"Pitiful?" Perseus shook with anger. "Pitiful?" He pulled out Riptide.

"Goodbye Perseus." I turned and walked away.

Perseus ran at me with Riptide and slashed at my back.

I kicked down and in one swift motion took his sword away from him then pressed my watch and pulled out my own sword, then pointed it at his throat.

"Goodbye Perseus, I will leave Riptide on the hill, no need to worry, it will not return to your pocket."

"You son of a—"

"I will not give into your teasing or mind tricks." I called behind me and continued to walk away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness I'm so proud of you guys!!! We're almost to two hundred views!!!!!!

So to keep my promise I'll update as many times as I can as soon as possible (hopefully tomorrow after school).

I'll try to get back on schedule with updating this story and my other stories (if you read my other stories) as soon as possible.

So, as always please share this story and my others with your friends, vote, comment, and all that jazz. 

Just one more question: 

Should I do shout outs each chapter?