Maybe, it's more than that?

Dedicated to @LilyWritesFanfiction

Draco and Harry first met in Diagon Alley, in Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions shop. Draco was getting fitted for his robes when Harry walked in. Madam Malkin had told Harry to wait for her to finish with Draco.

When Madam Malkin had gone to the back of the store of get something, Draco took this as his opportunity to talk to Harry. "Hello, are you going to Hogwarts too?" Draco asked. "Um hi, and yes I am. Do you know anything about Hogwarts?" Harry shyly asked, not wanting to sound silly.

'A muggle born, oh if father saw me talking to one he'd freak, but then again he isn't here so....' Draco thought.

"No not really, but my father does. He says a lot of things about Hogwarts. Mostly that it's bad and that the man who runs it is even worse, but I don't believe him. Hogwarts sounds great, from what I've heard from anonymous sources." Said Draco, whispering the last bit.

"Oh, well do you know anyone going?" Harry asked. Draco giggled, "Yes I do," He responded and Harry sighed. "I don't." But Draco giggled again. He stepped down from the stool and stood infront of Harry. "Don't be silly, you know me and I know you. We both know someone going to Hogwarts, and that each other." Draco said smiling.

His smile grew even bigger when Harry became a giggling mess. "You're right! I can't wait to tell Hagrid!" Harry said smiling.  Draco extended his arm for Harry to shake his hand.

And Harry gladly shook it. "I'm Draco Malfoy, and you?" Draco asked. "Harry, Harry Potter." Harry said. Draco ignored the thought of meeting Harry Potter, the boy his father talked allot about, instead he focused on Harry and the spark he felt when they shook hands.

Madam Malkin returned from the back of the store and finished with Draco's robes, but before he left he went to Harry and whispered. "Find me at platform 9 3/4 if you can, if not find  me on the Hogwarts express so we can sit together." He said. He quickly gave Madam Malkin the amount he needed to pay and left smiling as  he waved goodbye at Harry.

Both boys were thinking the same thing, 'I just made a new friend!!'

On the Hogwarts Express

Harry and Draco had not seen each other at the platform. They prayed they'd bump into each other on the train but so far they haven't seen one another yet.

Harry thought Draco forgot about him as he sat in an empty compartment. As the train slowly began moving, a boy with red hair opened the slide door. He asked if he could sit with Harry.

"Oh, um sure, go ahead." Harry said gesturing the empty seat in front of him. The boy closed the door as he came in. He took the seat infront if Harry. "Thanks, everywhere is full." He said.

Harry smiled and as he smiled he saw Draco walk by, but didn't stop by. Harry felt saddened that he didn't stop by. Harry turned to look at the boy across from him. He was going to ask for his name when the compartment slide door opened.

"Harry!" Draco exclaimed. "Oh your here, you're really here! I thought you weren't coming when I didn't see you at the platform. I've been looking for you." Draco said as he pulled Harry up for a hug.

Harry hugged him back and felt joy seeing Draco again. "I thought you forgot about me." Harry whispered as Draco continued to hug him. "Forget about you!? As if! You're the first person that is my friend without being forced to be." Draco said.

The other boy cleared his throat as he felt like a third wheel.

Draco looked at him and smiled. "Oh I know you. Let me guess, red hair? Hmm a Weasley? I've heard many things about your family, mostly bad, but then again you can't judge a book by its cover." Draco said as he pulled away from Harry.