Muggle Music#33

||dedicated to conflower ||
(This is Talk Me Down not FE!)

It's been months since Draco has seen Harry. Their anniversary had passed and they weren't able to celebrate it together. Draco was upset, he had never gone this long without seeing Harry. The stupid war with Voldemort made them have to be apart, and Draco hated it. He didn't want to be on the bad side, but what choice did he have. It was either die if you don't join our side or join our side and you get to keep your life.

Draco was up in his room hearing the death eaters argue and eat downstairs. He preferred eating by himself rather than joining them and having to communicate with them. Draco sighed and opened his window. With a flick of his wand a latter appeared that took him to the roof.

He liked going there and thinking about anything. The weather was slightly chilly but Draco's jumper kept him warm. He sat down and pulled his knees to his chest. Merlin he missed Harry.

"I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
And I wanna come home to you
But home is just a room full of my safest sounds
Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my 3AM shadow
I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone"

Draco quickly put his hands to his mouth.

In the wizarding world there's this thing where if one soulmate sings the other soulmate sings no matter where they're at. Draco blushed and could imagine Harry singing with his graceful voice. Draco's mouth opened again and he sang again.

"I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
So come over now and talk me down"

Draco looked over the edge and stared down at the ground. What if he jumped? No he wouldn't he doesn't want to hurt Harry or his mother.

"I wanna hold hands with you
But that's all I wanna do right now
And I wanna get close to you
Cause your hands and lips still know their way around
And I know I like to draw that line, when it starts to get too real
But the less time that I spend with you, the less you need to heal"

Draco stood up from where he sat and walked closer to the edge. He didn't look down. He was thinking, that's all he could do right now, think, or was it.

"I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
So come over now and talk me down"

Draco pictured it. He pictured himself taking his own life. And he pictured the outcome.

"So if you don't mind, I'll walk that line
Stuck on the bridge between us
Gray areas and expectations
But I'm not the one if we're honest, yeah
But I wanna sleep next to you
And I wanna come home to you
I wanna hold hands with you
I wanna be close to you"

Draco loved Harry. He know that for a fact, he couldn't live without him but Harry could live without Draco. Draco isn't perfect for Harry, he would never be perfect for him or just plain good enough.

"But I wanna sleep next to you
And that's all I wanna do right now
And I wanna come home to you
But home is just a room full of my safest sounds
So come over now and talk me down"

He moved one foot in front of him and let it just hand there. If he moved the other foot he was done for. He took a deep breath before looking over the edge once again.

"Baby it's now or never."

||im leaving it at that :]