Muggle Music#27

(Girl Draco! Girl Harry!)

Dray fixed her buttons and continued walking down the hall. She'd promised Cedric that she'd help clean the house while the kids played. Scorpius and Albus were in Albus' room playing, they were to young to understand what had happened.

Harry had passed away, she died in a car accident. She was coming back from the orphanage, where she volunteered at helping the young boys and girls. As she was coming back, a drunk driver had passed a red light, he was going fast and Harry didn't have time to stop. She didn't see the lady's car, but the hit messed her up real bad. The drunk driver lived, she got arrested but was bailed out, according to the lawyers she had connections.

Dray tucked a strand a hair behind his ear and stopped walking. She looked at the door besides her. It was Harry's music room, there she kept her piano. After the battle of Hogwarts Harry began playing the piano, and she became great at it. She taught Albus and Lily how to play, and now Albus began teaching Scorpius. There was something there between those two boys, Harry and Dray had discussed it many times.

Dray sighed and opened the door. She walked in and sat on the piano bench, she ran her hands over the keys and held back her tears. She only knew one song, one that Harry had thought her. Dray wiped a tear away that had managed to escape her eye. She inhaled and exhaled and began playing. And as she played she sang.

"I was fine with the men, who would come into her life now and again.
I was fine, cause I knew that they didn't really matter until you.
I was fine when you came
And we fought like it was all some silly game, over her, who she'd choose.
After all those years, I never thought I'd lose."

Both girls admitted that they had feelings for each other, but they confessed it to the wrong people. Dray told Ron and Harry told Hermione. Both Ron and Hermione tried so hard to get them together but their plans never worked. When Cedric came into the picture during their fourth year, Dray hated him. Harry would spend all her time with him and never acknowledge Dray. Cedric knew Dray and Harry liked each other, the whole school knew except them. When Cedric and Dray were in the same room they always bickered, and they kept doing so until a year before Harry and Cedric's wedding.

Dray shook her head at the memories and continued singing.

"It's over, isn't it?
Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over, isn't it?
Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You won, and she chose you. And she loved you, and she's gone.
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?"

After everything, Harry choose Cedric. No matter what Dray did, she could never move on from Harry, she loved her and she still does. She will never forget her and their time spent together.

"War and glory, reinvention.
Fusion, freedom, her attention.
Out in daylight, my potential,
bold, precise, experimental.
Who am I now in this world without her? Petty and dull, with the nerve to doubt her.
What does it matter? It's already done
Now I've got to be there for her son."

During the war Harry and Dray fought side-by-side. Dray was considered a traitor to his aunt, and all the bad guys called him a 'blood traitor'. Fusion, that's Dray and Harry called their 'night in paradise' when both had one to many drinks. Dray still remembered that night vividly. During the war, Dray had doubted Harry at times when she had no clue how to find horcruxes and didn't know how they would win the war. In the end they won, but it wasn't such a happily ever after for Dray, other than having Scorpius.

While Dray paused, Cedric had stopped at the door and watched her. Dray hadn't noticed and so she continued.

"It's over, isn't it?
Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over, isn't it?
Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You won, and she chose you
And she loved you
And she's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?"

Dray let out a sob, she cried in the hospital. She cried at the funeral, and she cried at home. She cried when she was alone and no matter what, she was never able to stop.

"It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?"

And with that Dray sobbed her eyes out. She couldn't help it, she really couldn't. She can't hold tears back, she was never able to.

Even Cedric began crying. He hated himself for stopping true love. He knew Harry and Dray loved each other, those girls made it obvious yet each one was oblivious to their romantic attraction. Cedric knew Harry and Dray were meant to be, and deep down he wasn't sure if he truly loved Harry as he claimed.

Cedric wiped the tears and walked out of the room. He never apologized to Harry or Dray, and he probably never will. Dray was so in love with Harry that she had a plan to be with her forever. Like they had promised each other when they were young.