4 | Bad Day

A Little Unsteady: 4 | Bad Day
| Laura Marano |

| The Next Morning (May 16th, 2019) |

"How many songs have you written so far?" Kristin asks, eyeing me. Kristin's boss was here, trying to help me decide songs and recording dates and album titles and all that craziness while two other co-workers of Kristin's boss also had a play in this meeting.

"So far... eight?" I question. "I have a couple songs that aren't quite finished also." I add.

"Alright, that's good." Kristin's actual boss, Scott, says. "Do you know when you can record some of those?" He asks politely. I puff out a breath.

"I mean... I'm not sure. I have something going on outside of my career and I'm trying to focus on that rather than this so... maybe three or more weeks? Two months at the max?" I ask. Scott, Sam, Frankie, and Kristin's eyes all widen.

"I'm sorry, that won't work. We wanted at least six recorded by the end of the following week along with possible album titles. And in two months, we planned on having the track list, album title, and most of the final copy of songs done." I suck in a breath.

"Yeah... that probably won't work." I whisper, picking at my fingernails.

"Well, that must truly suck for you. This is your job, my job, his job, all our jobs. If you don't give me a straight answer this instant, then we may just have to go to the big guys and possibly discard your contract with us." My eyes widen.

"This better not have something to do with your boyfriend, Laura." Kristin says, narrowing his eyes at me. I shake my head.

"We broke up a few days ago. It's about someone else." I reply.

"And maybe if you tell us about this someone and their situation that somehow involves you, then we might consider doing things your way." Sam says, being his sarcastic self. I honestly never liked him...

"Look, I'll tell you the incident. I don't want his or her life to be changed because of this and definitely do not want you asking questions about him or her." I say, looking at all four of them. "My good friend tried to kill himself or herself in my own house." I whisper. "I've been trying to help that person realize why I love him or her and why they deserve to live on this planet. I'm sorry if I seam a bit down, but this person has been my best friend for years and I don't want him or her to destroy their life over silly things." I explain. Kristin sighs.

"Kristin, deal with her by yourself. Email me when you two figure things out." With that said, Scott picks up his tablet and walks right out of the conference room, followed by Sam and Frankie. I sigh and lean back in my chair, prepared for Kristin to scream at me.

"Laura, seriously?" She grumbles, shutting the door and sitting beside me. "Just tell me who this person is. I won't tell him." Kristin, a 32 year old female, who's married to a great guy, and has a two little girls, she's someone I could never ever lie to.

"It's Ross Lynch." I whisper. "I just... I couldn't sleep with him last night and h-he called me and I-I... I'm just so a-afraid he'll do something wh-when I'm away." I cry out, digging the palms of my hands into my eyes.

"Laura, don't cry." She whispers, pulling me into a awkward side hug. "Look, I'll ask Scott if you could come in once a week for two hours at least, five at the max, for the next month or so, then we'll have you start coming twice a week for that time until it's all finished." I give her a slight nod. "Hey, everything will be alright, okay? Ross won't try anything, I'm positive of it." She pulls away and gives me a sad smile.