38 | I Was Wrong

I legit just finished this and tbh, I'm too lazy to proof read, so if the mistakes are any bad, leave comment A NICE COMMENT, and I'll gladly fix it. Sorry for taking so long!
Enjoy💜

A Little Unsteady: 38 | I Was Wrong
| Laura Marano |

| Over A Week Later (July 11th, 2019) |

"Dinner is served." Riker says in a British accent. All of us; Rocky, Rydel, Ross, myself, Ellington, Vanni, Riker, Lexa, Sav and Court were all seated around the dinner table, making us add like three or four more chairs. Everybody passed around real plates and real cups and sharp objects, which kind of made me nervous but I made it clear to his siblings that we can not take our eyes him. As soon as Riker sits down beside Vanni and Rocky, he speaks up. "We may have made a slight change in our set list." Riker says, giving everybody in the back room a smirk.

"Um, what? Why wasn't I aware of this?" Ross asks. "I thought we had our set list down three days ago." He adds, munching on his steak. I kept an eye on his knife. I know I shouldn't be this worried, I mean he's in front of a ton of people, he's been way better lately, and we even brought real spoons and some metal bottles and pots and pans back.

"You were taking a nap in the living room with Laura when we thought of a great song to bring back." Rocky explains.

"Okay..." Ross mumbles. "What song?" The whole band exchanges a weird glance and I look up at Ross' face, seeing his gaze on me already. "Do you know?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"No." I reply, shrugging my shoulders. "I was taking a nap with you. I was asleep." He frowns. "I'm being serious." I mumble, looking back at my food.

"Its Smile." Rydel says. "We want to sing Smile right after we play Trading Time and then continue with Red Velvet and then the cover song." She says, keeping her eyes glued to Ross. "And well... you know what you do for the bridge." Her voice got quiet.

"I'm not... I'm not doing that." Ross says, immediately tensing up and his serious face saying it all. "There's no way I'm doing that." I put my hand on his thigh underneath the table, hoping it'd make him less tense. Like always, it made him a little less tense, but not back to normal.

"If you don't fans are going to freak out and assume the worst of things about you." Ellington quietly says. Ross shakes his head again and sets his fork down.

"They already know shit is up, E." Ross says, running both his hands through his hair. "I'm not doing it. I'll sing the song, but I won't make that damn speech thing." He concludes. Riker sucks in a breath.

"Either you make it, or we send you to a professional Monday morning and schedule daily appointments until everything is back to normal." Riker says, getting serious.

"You can't make me do that, Riker." He says, his voice wavering. "You can't make me do shit. Laura's the one who's helping me, not you."

"And this is taking a toll on Laura." Riker fights.

"No it's not! She's perfectly fine!" Ross fights back.

"Ross Shor Lynch, would just listen to me for one fucking minute!" Riker shouts, slamming his hand on the table. Ross' mouth immediately shuts and Riker quietly apologizes to all of us sitting at the table. "Have you seriously not noticed at she's changed too?" He says, keeping his voice low and quiet. "Have you not noticed her usual positive, sweet, complimenting portion of her is gone? She doesn't even fucking laugh as much as she use too. She can't keep helping you on her own, it's bringing her down as well. She needs help." Ross turns his head to look at me, his eyes glossed over and his bottom lip sticking out the slightest.