43 | Never Gave Up

Go read If This Is Love !!!! It's been getting amazing feedback and I just put a new chapter up!!

I KNOW ITS NO LONGER SATURDAY (for me at least) BUT I WAS STUCK AND I LITERALLY JUST FINISHED THIS CHAPTER AND IM SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES! I PROMISE ILL GET BETTER AT THE SATURDAY UPDATES AGAIN, I'M JUST SUPER BUSY. BUT SCHOOLS ALMOST OVER SO YAY!!! HOPEFULLY THAT MEANS MORE WRITING. ANYWAYS...
Enjoy💜

A Little Unsteady: 43 | Never Gave Up
| Laura Marano |

| Tuesday October 8th, 2019 |

"Are you nervous?" I ask, fixing Ross' collar on his shirt. Him and his siblings were all in the dressing room with us, waiting patiently to be called onto Ellen's set. Stormie, Mark, Ryland, Vanni, Cheryl and George were all sitting front row, an empty seat in between Stormie and Ryland for me. Ross pretty much forced me to come back with them, and I only took that as his nerves talking.

"Yeah." He whispers. "I don't know if they want me alone when I talk about the past or if they'll let my siblings be out there with me." He tells me. As I finish his collar, I pat his chest and look into his eyes, seeing all that fear coming back.

"Babe, no matter what, you're going to be perfectly fine." I tell him, bringing my hands up to his face. "You're seriously the strongest person I've ever met, Ross. And hey, if anything gets too emotional, look at me." He nods his head slowly. "You can do this. I believe in you." A small smile twitches at his lips as he looks me in the eyes.

"You're amazing." He breathes out, connecting his lips with mine. Him and his melt worthy kisses. "I don't know what I'd do without you." He whispers, pulling away long enough to whisper those words to me. Smiling the slightest, I kiss him back with just as much passion as he's giving me.

"Ew, you two need to stop making out in front of us." Rocky mumbles. Ross sinks his teeth into my bottom lip as he pulls away, giving my lips a slight tug. Holding back a groan, I take my time opening my eyes.

"I better get back out there." I tell him, looking into his eyes again. "Remember, you're strong, alright? I believe in you and love you." He gives me a small smile.

"I love you, too." He whispers, kissing me again. "Thanks." He says, lightly patting my ass. I lightly roll my eyes and head for the door.

"Good luck!" I tell all of them with a thumbs up. I make my way towards my seat, sending a smile towards Stormie. "Before you worry, Ross is fine." She lets out a sigh of relief. "He seams perfectly okay with everything." I add, crossing my right leg over my left leg.

"That's good to hear. I think I've grown about forty gray hairs since this morning stressing over my boy." She tells me, a small laugh in her voice. I laugh a little, pretty much feeling the exact same way. "Did you two have fun on your little getaway?" She asks me. Ross and I ended up saying another night, so we didn't get home until yesterday in the evening, and Ross went straight to rehearsal so they could go over their newest single that they'll perform at the end of this show.

"It was awesome." I tell her, smiling. "And very needed." I add. She gives me a soft smile and the tow of us look at Ellen as she introduces her next guests.

"These next guests have been climbing the pop rock charts since twenty-thirteen. Please welcome the family band, R5: Ross, Riker, Rocky, Rydel and their best friend Ellington!" I cheer myself as I watch my favorite people walk out with giant smiles and little waves. All five of them sit down on the couch, Ross in between Rocky and Rydel while Ellington was on the end beside Rydel and Riker was beside Rocky on the other end. For a little while, Ellen asked them simple questions; how they've been, what they've been up to, future acting gigs, all that generic stuff. It wasn't until she announced a commercial break (that won't happen since this isn't live) and said they'd be back with all things Ross Lynch, and gave a warning that it'd be about a sensitive topic. Turns out, his siblings were allowed to stay up there with him, which made my whole body relax.