6 | How Can I Help You?

A Little Unsteady: 6 | How Can I Help You?
| Laura Marano |

| A Few Hours Later |

"It was really great seeing you guys." My mom says, hugging Mrs. Ferguson goodbye. "Thanks for the dessert, too." I give the couple a sweet smile before stepping away and sighing. It was nearly nine o'clock and I was already so tired, I'm about to pass out. "Thank you for coming, Laura. I appreciate it." My mom says, giving me a small hug. "Why don't you go take a bath?" She whispers. That sounds amazing.

"Okay." I whisper, walking to the stairs. First, I grab some pajamas and my iPad before starting the bath with a bath bomb and some bubbles. Not even five minutes into relaxing, my iPad rings. FaceTime with Ross Lynch. I lightly frown before pressing accept and holding it so you can only see my upper chest and head. "What's wrong?" I ask, the second his blonde mop appeared in my screen.

"Wait, where are you?" He asks.

"Taking a bath." I reply.

"Oh." He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. "I just wanted to ask you if you'd wanna come to our interviews tomorrow." His voice did not sound normal, but it didn't sound completely crushed or weak.

"How are you holding up?" I ask, blowing off the question.

"Good." He responds. "Rydel said she's not sleeping with me tonight so now Ryland has to. Which means I won't get my hair played with." He explains.

"Ross, what'll happen when you have to sleep alone?" I ask. "You've got to keep these things in mind."

"I won't ever sleep alone." He mumbles. "You'll be here."

"I have a career." I reply quickly. "I'm suppose to go to a meeting about tour tomorrow or the next day. I'm not gonna be here forever." Ross frowns and looks down. "No, not like that." I whisper, rubbing my eyes. "I mean, I can't sleep next to you forever. I'll always be here for you, no matter how far away I am, I'll always be here. Just not... physically." I explain.

"But you're here, so why not drive the twenty minutes to get here." He says. "Or I'll drive there."

"Ross, you're not driving here." I whisper, closing my eyes.

"Laura, please."

"No." I reply.

"Laura! Why can't you just come-"

"Andrew stopped by." I say, interrupting him. His mouth closes immediately.

"Are you okay?" Funny.

"You know, it's kinda funny how you can ask someone else if they're okay when you're the one falling apart." I retort.

"I'm allowed to ask if my friend is alright, Laura." Friend?

"Friend, huh." I murmur. "Well, then I guess a friend wouldn't do this for someone. A best friend maybe, girlfriend for sure... you know what, I gotta go." Before I could press the red end button, Ross waves his hand furiously.

"Laura! You know what I meant!" He exclaims. "I'm allowed to make sure my best friend is alright, okay? I can't be the one with all the problems here. I want to fix yours too." He explains.