36 | More Than You Know

A Little Unsteady: 36 | More Than You Know
| Laura Marano |

| A Couple Days Later (June 29th, 2019) |

"How do you feel about an R5 hang out show at The Roxy where we can tease some new songs?" Riker asks, looking around the breakfast table. Mark and Stormie came over for breakfast, along with Ellington's parents, so the table was a bit crowded, but it was nice having big breakfasts.

"That'd be sick." Rocky immediately replies.

"Yeah, that's seam fun." Rydel says, shrugging her shoulders. "It'd be nice to hit the stage again. It's been awhile." All eyes land on Ross, including mine.

"Would you go?" He asks me, looking me in the eye. I'm sitting beside him, literally my chair is almost touching his, and he's been a little weird the past few days because of the Katie thing, as in he avoids talking about himself at all costs, even if I bribe him with kisses.

"If I don't have anything album related then of course I'd come. " I tell him quietly. Ross looked hesitant to answer his brothers and sister. "You love performing. You'll have fun and probably forget about me being there." I say, playfully rolling my eyes. He sucks in a breath and takes a bite of his waffles.

"Well, I think it'd be fun and needed for all of us." Ellington then says, looking straight at Ross.

"Good, I'll call up Andre later and tell him to book it asap." Riker says, grabbing his phone. I watch as he types something and then sets his phone down to finish eating. "So... we should head to the rehearsal space every couple nights to start making a set list and change a few things. Meaning we have to learn the new songs we wanna tease perfectly." Riker adds, grabbing his phone again. "That okay Ross?" I glance at Ross, who had his head down and was eating slowly and quietly.

"Uh... ye-yeah." He finally says. "Perfectly fine." He whispers. Furrowing my eyebrows, I nudge his thigh. He turns his head and looks at me, his eyes immediately softening. He knows he's being weird.

"You okay?" I whisper. He shrugs his shoulders a little and keeps his eyes glued to mine. "Ross... if you want, we can go head to your room and talk after breakfast." I say, keeping my voice quiet. He sucks in a breath and tenses up. Why is he acting like this? "What's going on?" I whisper, setting my fork down. I place my hand on his thigh, hoping he wouldn't be so tense. He relaxed a little, but not enough to be comfortable. "Babe." He finally looks at me again.

"I'm fine." He whispers. I narrow my eyes at him. He puts on a small smile, clearly fake.

"Ross, do you wanna go play hockey today?" Ryland asks, looking at his older brother. Ryland definitely sensed something was wrong considering all I saw in his eyes was concern.

"Um... I-I think I'm just gonna stay home today." He replies, running his fingers through his hair.

"Are you okay?" Rydel suddenly asks him. Ross gives a soft smile, nodding his head a few times. "Okay." She whispers. I glance at Stormie who seamed to have tears in her eyes.

"Can I finish this in my room?" Ross asks, looking around the table.

"Of course." Mark says, giving Ross a small nod and smile. Ross quickly stands up and grabs his plate.