28 | Half Apology

You guys, I'm running out of chapters to publish... I can't keep doing this if you're soon quick to get the votes in! And I'm always busy so I can't always write! So I'm raising it a lot and if we don't make it, I'll update on Saturday's only. Still love you all for all this support!
Enjoy💜

A Little Unsteady: 28 | Half Apology
| Laura Marano |

"Hey, is Ross almost done with business calls?" I ask Ellington. I set my huge bag down on the floor by the kitchen table where he was making everybody sandwiches. Ellington looks up at me and shakes his head.

"He's still on one and him and Rocky have two more and Riker has one more after them." He tells me. "Do you want one?" He asks, pointing to all the sandwich stuff he had out. I check the time on the microwave, frowning when it read 12:28pm. "When do you have to be at Calum's?" He asks.

"I should probably leave now." I mumble. "Um... can you let Ross know that I left for Calum's and that I'll tell them he's busy for now?" I say, grabbing my bag off the ground. "And... actually, have him text me when he can." Ellington nod she's head with a thumbs up before he spreads more mayo on the bread. "Thank you!" I shout, making my wha towards Ross' bedroom. I set my bag down and grab my makeup bag and put it in his room along with my fresh box of contacts and my hair brush. Sighing, I put my glasses by my contacts and walk back out.

"Where's Ross?" Calum asks, inviting me in. Raini was seated on his couch and looking through a shit ton of cds or dvds or whatever the hell she was looking through.

"He's taking business calls with the band so he'll be here a little later." I reply, setting my purse down on his table. "He said he'd text me when he leaves." I add, now sitting by Raini and giving her a massive hug. I could they were a bit bummed, Ross was the one who made the plans after all. "But, in the mean time... you guys wanna hear my single?" I ask, a smile growing on my face. Both of them cheer together and congratulate me, causing the happiness to bubble everywhere in me.

"Wait, shouldn't we wait for Ross to hear it?" Raini asks. Shaking my head, I take out my phone.

"He heard it a few days ago when I played it for his family." I tell her, clicking on the file. They both raise their eyebrows at me. "I hang out with them a lot, okay?" I mumble, trying my best to act innocent. They both roll their eyes and I scrunch up my nose. "We'll talk about it later." I add, knowing they know I somewhat lied about the hanging out all the time. For awhile, the three of us hung out and laughed, watched old videos of Austin Moon music videos, messed around and teased each other, ordered Chinese food for later, retold stories, and even decided that we'd make chocolate chip cookies later. Well, Ross would.

"Has Ross texted you?" Calum asks, checking the time. He was suppose to be here at one, and it's four. I chuckle and nod my head, opening up our messages to tell them what he said. Well I'll leave some parts out. "He said, leaving in ten. Rocky is taking me." I left out even more, considering it went on to talk about how Riker didn't trust Ross driving by himself and blah blah blah, the usual.

"How long ago was that?" Raini asks.

"About a half- oh, he's walking up the steps." I reply. "I'll go find him." I quickly say, rushing to the front door. I don't bother putting my shoes back on before I made my way down the hallway to find Ross. I was almost by the stairs when I saw Ross appear. "Ross!" I whisper yell. He looks up from his phone and gives me a small smile.