20 | Big News

I just want to take a minute and say thank you to every single one of you. These last few chapters have been the most voted on and commented on chapters I've ever had when I first publish it. I mean, 87 votes in one day??? 49 comments in two days??? YOU GUYS ARE INSANE!!!! You're literally the best people in the world and I love every single one of you. Originally, this book was suppose to be like, the chapters at the most. Now, I don't ever want to stop writing it! You're all motivating me to write better and write more so thank you so much! I love you guys so so so so so so so so so much! Thank you for everything💜
Enjoy💜

A Little Unsteady: 20 | Big News
| Laura Marano |

| A Few Days Later (June 5th, 2019) |

Seeing Rydel on her phone and leaning against the kitchen island, I quickly walk up to her and put three hundred and fifty dollars in cash, mostly in twenties and a few in fifties, onto the table beside her. I watch as she looks away from her phone and with furrowed eyebrows, she gives me a blank stare.

"Uuuuh, what is that?" She asks, pointing to the pile of cash. I raise my eyebrows at her, ready to make my smartass comeback.

"Uuuuh, its cash? You know, it's used to purchase things." Rydel rolls her eyes and stands up straight, pretty much making herself a giant next to me. Damn I'm short.

"Laura, I know what cash is. Why is it on my table and what is it for." She asks, well, pretty much demands. I sigh, giving her a little guilty smile.

"Well... since you won't let me do crap for you guys around the house and I pretty much use everything of yours, I thought maybe this'll go for your next grocery trip. I was gonna offer to actually grocery shop for you but people are weird about that kind of stuff. So, I decided to give you cash." I explain. "It's no big deal, really. I wanna help out for all that you've done for me."

"Okay, but cash isn't the way to help us, Laura." She replies, pushing it towards me. I shake my head and step away from the counter. "Laura, come on."

"Rydel, come on." I say, giving her my best take it or leave it look. "Please take the money."

"But we're not struggling, Laura. We don't need the money. And considering you're helping us out-"

"Rydel, it'll make me feel better if you took it. I don't care what you do with it, just please take it." Rydel sighs and looks back at the money. "It's four hundred and fifty dollars." I add. Her eyes widen.

"Laura-"

"Take it!" I shout, cutting her off. She groans and pushes it towards the middle. "Thank you." I say, giving her a cheesy smile.

"I hate you." She mutters, crossing her arms. "How was the meeting and studio session?" She asks, changing the topic. And honestly, I was okay with that. She took the money, that's all I wanted.

"Meeting, longest one of my life. Studio session, really good. Finalized my single, which I'm announcing in a live video in... about forty minutes-ish." I say, checking my phone.

"Do I have to wait to hear it?" She asks, a small hint of a smile on her lips. Hinting a smile of my own, I hold up my phone and shake it.