14 | Speaking of Love...

A Little Unsteady: 14 | Speaking of Love...
| Laura Marano |

| The Next Morning (May 25th, 2019) |

Stretching my body, I finally open up my eyes and look around the room. I was in Ross' bed, alone. Furrowing my eyebrows, I reach for my glasses and put them on immediately noticing his bathroom door closed and hearing the shower running. I reach for my phone and see a missed call from my sister and mom. I first call my sister back.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Why'd you call?" I ask. "And I know it's almost noon, but last night was rough." I add. Vanessa chuckles before answering my question.

"I was wondering if you'd come over tonight. Kyle's with his family and I got this new ice cream and a good movie we could watch together-"

"V, you don't have to convince me to come over. I would've done it even if Kyle was there." I tell her. "I can come over at like five. Ross is leaving for his uncle's around that time." I say, biting on my fingernail.

"Yeah, that'd work. See you then, little sis." She says.

"Bye." She hangs up before me and I quickly call my mom back.

"Hi, sweetie." I smile hearing her voice.

"Sorry I missed your call, I just woke up a few minutes ago." I say.

"Oh, that's okay. I was just gonna see how you've been. And how Ross has been." She says. "How have you and Ross been?" She asks. I laugh a little.

"I've been good. Ross has been... iffy, but he's getting better." I reply. "Some nights are a bit harder than others, you know." I hear my mom hum and answer. "I'm going over to Nessa's tonight while he goes to his uncles, so hopefully tonight won't be hard." I tell her.

"Oh good. I'm glad my girls are gonna hang out." I roll my eyes. My mom has always loved when me and Vanessa hang out. I guess she's just happy we're the type of siblings who love each other and not bicker 24/7. "I know you're rolling your eyes, missy."

"Yeah yeah." I mumble.

"Alright, well, I'll call you tomorrow. Love you and tell Ross I said hi and I love him, too."

"Will do. Bye Momma." I reply, ending the call. I take a deep breath before I hear the water shut off and his curtains sliding. It only took a few more seconds before Ross stepped out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Morning." He says, giving me a small half smile.

"Morning." I reply, locking my phone and setting it on the nightstand. "My mom said hi and that she loves you." I tell him. He smiles a little bit and nods his head, walking over to his drawers and getting some clothes. "How'd you sleep?" I ask him.

"Good, I guess." He replies, shrugging his shoulders. "What about you?"

"Fine." I say, losing my eyes. "Am I coming over tonight?" I ask, once I feel the bed dip down beside me. Ross groans as he lifts my body up a little and places me on his lap. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls my back into him and rests his chin on the top of my head, even trapping my ankles with his feet. "You okay?" I ask, putting my hands over his which were underneath my t-shirt and resting on my stomach.