16 | It's Not Working

I'm gonna do a few things different from now on... instead of updating on JUST Saturday's, how about I make you guys a goal to "unlock" the next chapter. And once I see the goal has been met, I'll try my hardest to publish the next chapter when it happens. Sound good? Read the authors note at the end to read the SPECIAL NUMBER of votes and comments I need!!

A Little Unsteady: 16 | It's Not Working
| Laura Marano |

| A Few Days Later (May 28th, 2019) |

"Another day another breakfast with plastic forks and paper plates with red solo cups." Ross mumbles, picking at his hash browns and bacon. "Why don't we bring some actual plates and silverware." He adds, looking around the table. All the Lynch siblings including Ellington and Vanni all looked at each other.

"I'll think about it." Riker finally says, shrugging his shoulders. Ross sighs and slumps back in his seat. "We're all heading over to Uncle Shor and Auntie Angie's house at three. And we're taking the van so whoever wants to drive go for it."

"I'll drive." Rocky offers, grabbing another piece of bacon. "Ross, you wanna help us finish a song?" He asks. Ross shrugs his shoulders and takes a sip of his water. I keep my gaze fixed on Ross' face as I watch his jaw tightened and relax a few times.

"I don't feel like it today." He replies. "I think I'm gonna take a nap after breakfast." I got here late last night form the studio and Ross would not fall asleep until I had got here and laid down with him. And when he did fall asleep, he kept his head in my stomach, which is his new favorite spot so I can rub his back easily, but that's not the problem. The problem was he woke up at three and told me he had a massive headache. I had to go get him Advil and a cup of water, then I had to play with his hair until six in the morning. It was a great night/morning.

"Moving on... how was your studio session, Laura? Any songs that remind you of a possible new R5 song?" Ellington asks, raising his eyebrows. I roll my eyes with a smile and shake my head.

"Nope. A hundred percent pure Laura Marano." I tell him. "And it was good. We picked out an official release date for my next single and the album title and even started getting venues for tour next summer." I explain.

"What type of tour?" He asks.

"I think we're sticking to just the states for awhile." I say.

"What about your single?" Rydel asks. "When's it coming out?"

"June twenty-first." I reply, a small smile on my face. "I have to tweet a tease today and tomorrow and officially announce it on Friday." Rydel nods her head and eats another fork full of hash browns. "What about your guys' single?" I ask.

"No clue. We have to have a few people from the label stop by and hear the song choices soon." Rocky explains. "We have five possible songs that could make a pretty cool single. So it's kind of hard to choose when Ross isn't in there with us. And when he hasn't recorded anything." I look at Ross now who was looking down.

"This weekend I'll do some work in there." Ross says, finally eating some bacon.

"Good, that means Laura could come with us to lunch." Vanni says, giving me a smile. "Sav will actually be able to hang out the rest of the day so it'll be fun."