41 | Future Talks

MY NEW STORY, If This Is Love || Raura IS OUT NOW!!!! EVERYBODY GO READ IT!!!!

A Little Unsteady: 41 | Future Talks
| Laura Marano |

| A Few Weeks Later (July 31st, 2019) |

"Have you not gotten out of bed?" I ask Ross, walking through our bedroom door, I had to be at my record label from 12:30-3:30, then at the studio to finish background vocals from 4:15-6:30. To top it off, I had to run to my parents for like, an hour and a half to help my mom figure out this thing online, which didn't even work because I didn't understand it... so basically, I'm exhausted.

"Yes!" Ross says, getting all defensive. "I worked with Rocky earlier and helped Ellington vacuum and dust the house, thank you very much." I couldn't help but laugh the slightest as I walked to the closet. "How was your productive day?" He asks me. I strip down out of my regular ripped blue jeans and t-shirt and put on some cotton shorts and one of Ross' t-shirts before heading to the bathroom to wash my face.

"Eh, good I guess. I finally finished everything for my album, like, everything. Um... I attempted to help my mom with the inter webs, didn't work." I could hear Ross' laugh as I turned on the sink. I do my usual night time routine and take my contacts out, put lotion on literally everything, and then head back to Ross. Of course, he was in his usual sweats and no shirt, his hair a complete mess.

"Did you eat dinner?" He asks, smiling as I walked to him. Before answering, I lean down and press my lips against his, giving him a sweet kiss.

"My mom heated up some left overs and let me munch on it before I left." I tell him, after pulling away completely. "Can I ask you something?" I quietly say, hoping he wouldn't ask me any questions.

"Yeah." He replies, swiping his thumb across my bottom lip. I give him a small smile, admiring the cute expression on his face. Full of love.

"Can you pretty please give me a neck rub?" I ask, putting my best pouty face on. "It's just... I'm a bit tense from that meeting earlier and my mom was frustrated, which caused me to become frustrated, meaning I was even more tense than before so... a neck rub would be greatly appreciated." I breath out the last couple words, waiting for his response.

"Laura, you didn't have to explain yourself. I would've done it no matter what." He tells me, sitting up a little. He sits up straight and rests his back against the head board and spreads his legs enough for me to sit in between them. Giving him a wide smile, I sit in between his legs and face my back to him, already closing my eyes.

"Thank you." I say, right as his hands go on my shoulders. For the next several minutes, the two of us stayed silent as Ross rubbed out my neck and shoulders, occasionally a groan would escape my mouth because of how painful it was, but it was the good kind of pain, I guess so it's definitely worth it.

"Laura?" He suddenly says, stopping his hands from moving. I give him a hum, not really wanting to talk right now. "I think... I think we can get some stuff out from Rydel and Ellington's bathroom." He quietly says. "Like, real plates and bowls and cups, spoon and forks even."

"Ross..." I trail off, sitting up a bit straighter. His hands drop from off my shoulders.

"I'm serious." He then says. "I haven't done anything for almost a month. I don't think about hurting myself very often anymore, just on the bad days, and that's been cut in half thanks to you keeping me busy with activities and what not." I don't reply. "Laura, I'm ready for this. We brought candles and matches and lighters out last week, I haven't done shit with burning myself or anything." Sighing, I turn my whole body around, sitting criss cross with my legs resting on Ross' knees. Biting my lip, he rests his hands on my knees. "Babe, I'm telling you, I feel ready for this. I'm not saying bring out knifes or scissors or blades or pills or any of that shit. It's simply just plates and stuff."