9 | Were You About to Kiss Me?

A Little Unsteady: 9 | Were You About to Kiss Me?
| Laura Marano |

"What'd you do after the interview the other day?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the side of his face.

"Came home and showered." He responds.

"Ross..." I trail off.

"What?" He asks, turning his head towards me. "Okay, I might've punched my pillows a few times, but I promise I didn't do anything else." He adds, his voice soft. He looked almost guilty, in a way. I'm not sure why, but I could see guilt in his eyes. "You're staring again." He whispers, scooting closer.

"Were you upset at all?" I ask. I knew I was, but I wanted to know if he was. "Ross, if you actually talk, I'll let you shave and I'll tell you about me falling apart that night." I whisper, hoping to somewhat bribe him.

"Falling apart?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows. "What happened?" He asks.

"First we're gonna talk about you." I whisper. "How was the second interview?" I ask.

"I don't know." He replies. "I stayed quiet, drank some water, and nodded my head or shook my head. It was just like Ryan's interview." He explains, shrugging his shoulders. "I mean, I was a bit more angry, but you couldn't really tell."

"Why were you angry?" I ask. Ross sighs and lays on his back, now looking up at the ceiling.

"Because I flipped out on you." He quietly mumbles. "I know what you did wasn't suppose to hurt me or anything, but... it did. And I didn't realize till after that I was being an asshole. You were looking out for me and I didn't even let you explain that. So yeah, I came home and showered, then got dressed and got mad all over again. I thought about finding something sharp, but... Rocky came in before I could even get out of bed." I give him a small nod.

"Is that it?" I ask.

"No..." He whispers. "I wanted to text you, FaceTime you actually, but I thought you hated me so I chickened out every time." He adds, rubbing his eyes. "And yesterday... when you broke down crying, it got me thinking." He starts.

"Thinking about what?"

"You tell me why you broke down first." He whispers, turning his head towards me.

"No, we aren't-"

"Please?" He begs, turning towards me again. Sighing, I lay on my back and stare up at the ceiling.

"When you got upset with me... I finally realized something, too. And Rocky even noticed right before I decided to leave after Seacrest Studios, meaning it had to be true." I start off, pushing my glasses further up my nose. "Ever since I caught you in the bathroom... it's like your feelings came sorta to me and I've become more... sad? I don't really know how to explain it, I'm not depressed or anything, I'm just not myself. And others have noticed it and have pointed it out, which is starting to scare me-"

"I'm so sorry-"

"Don't apologize." I whisper, cutting him off. "And you getting mad, it hurt. Like, physically and mentally hurt. Hurt my heart, I had a gigantic headache, my stomach hurt, hell, I let myself ball my eyes out for three hours up against my front door, wishing it was all a dream." I say, feeling my eyes water back up.