31 | It's Always Been Her

A Little Unsteady: 31 | It's Always Been Her
| Laura Marano |

| The Next Week (June 21st, 2019) |

"Hey, you ready to head out to lunch?" Kristin asks, grabbing my purse. "Or do you want to change first?" She adds, now handing me my own purse. I look down at my outfit that I wore while I played GMA several hours ago. I mean, I wasn't too fancy, so it wouldn't be so weird going out like this for lunch, right? Nodding, I finally take my purse and check my phone for a text from Ross. He texted me awhile ago saying he saw my performance and that he and Calum were going to hang out for awhile before Ross goes to his aunt and uncle's, I'm just not sure when he was going to go over to Calum's or how he was getting there.

"Are we taking a Uber?" I ask, putting my heels on. Kristin nods as she holds her phone up to her ear. Damn, another phone call? I press the button for the elevator and wait awhile for the elevator to actually get here, and when it did, there was already two other people in it. Kristin and I enter and the two immediately look annoyed with Kristin being on her phone. I give them both a small smile. But once my phone rang, the tow of the, sighed. Assholes. "Uh, hi Calum. What's up?" I ask, trying my best to talk quietly.

"Laura! You killed it on Good Morning America! Celesta and I got up early to watch it live." The elevator doors open and I follow Kristin right out.

"Aw, thanks Calum!" I say, talking my normal voice. "When are you and Ross suppose to hang out?" I ask.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about..." I sigh and open the door to our Uber. "You know how Ross is suppose to stay with his aunt and uncle tonight?" He starts.

"Yes..." I trail off, now buckling up. Kristin gives me a small smile and hangs up her phone, mouthing who is that? I mouth back Calum.

"Can't he just stay with me?" He asks. "Celesta is planning on hanging out with her friends and is actually staying at their place until Tuesday. Ross could crash here until you get home." I bite my lower lip.

"Two nights at your place?" I mumble. A million things run through my mind. Calum has glass, sharp objects, candles, heavy objects... "I-I don't know, Calum." I say, closing my eyes. "It's just... there's one of you and six of them to watch over him."

"But it's a small space. He won't do anything." I rub my forehead.

"That's the thing, he has done things in small places." I was not okay with this. "I just... you have a lot of things that he could potentially hurt himself with. You don't know the extent to what he's like at night or what he's done with someone sneaks away to the bathroom. I'm just not comfortable with him being with you for two nights, let alone a single night. I'm sorry, Calum." Calum sighs.

"Look, Ross has to man up someday. He's going to be places with things that could potentially hurt him, Laura. And I realize that you're protective over him, and I can't imagine going through what you did that day, but I know for a fact Ross would much rather stay here with me than his cousins." Calum says. I take a deep breath, taking in what Calum was saying. "I'm not trying to be rude, I. Trying to be realistic." He adds.

"Calum..." I trail off.

"Would it make you feel better if I hide everything in my room and locked my door?" He asks. A little bit of weight was lifted off my shoulders.