17 | Family BBQ & Game Night

I obviously need to raise the number of votes and comments because you all reached that so quick. Seriously, I went to work for three hours and came back to 50 votes and 28 comments. But, like I promised... here's a new chapter.
Enjoy💜

A Little Unsteady: 17 | Family BBQ & Game Night
| Laura Marano |

"I'm nervous." I whisper, stepping closer to Ross. We were walking up the front steps of his aunt and uncle's place, who've I've met before a few times when they came by the set. But for some reason, I'm nervous. Which is weird, considering I'm a celebrity and I perform and do interviews, why would I be nervous for a family get together with my best friend?

"Why?" He asks, just as Riker knocks on the door. I just shrug my shoulders, not really knowing why. "You've met them before." He adds, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He pulls me into his side and kisses the top of my head as we walk through his front doors. "Alright, the really tall one is Gus, he's the oldest cousin." Ross quietly says, pointing me in Gus' direction. "Talking to him is his brother Gil." I nod a little. "That's my Auntie Angie and then the one on the left is my Auntie Shae." I nod again as Ross continues to walk. "My Uncle Shor and his son Gator. Boston is right beside him."

"And then that's Beauty and Bauer, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, and that's Gordy and Uncle Crone." I nod a little, trying to put the faces together. I know all of them, it's just a lot of names beginning with the same letter.

"Okay, thank you." I whisper, looking up at him. "I don't know why I'm so freaked out right now. It's like I have really bad anxiety or something." I mumble, looking around again.

"Just breathe. If you need anything, just come get me." I give him a small nod. Wish you'd care about yourself more than me.

"Laura, come here!" Stormie smiles, pulling me in for a hug. Ross gives me a thumbs up and walks away towards his cousins, joining in on a conversation so easily. "How's Ross? I feel like he never talks to me anymore." She immediately says.

"He's... better I guess." I truthfully tell her. "At least getting better." I add, furrowing my eyebrows. "Do his cousins know?" I ask.

"Nobody here knows except who found out the first day." She tells me, bringing me over to Ross' two aunts. "You two remember Laura, right?" She asks.

"Of course we do. Such a talented young lady you are, sweetie." I give his Auntie Shae a huge smile.

"Aw, thank you." I reply. "You're so sweet to say that." I add, relaxing my tensed up shoulders.

"So, give us the juicy details. Are you and Ross together?" His other aunt, Angie, asks. Laughing the slightest, I close my eyes and shake my head.

"No, we are not together." I say, leaning my hands on the table. "Definitely not together." I add. For some reason... I can't stop rethinking that over in my head. We're not together. Yet... I wanted to be together. Or at least I felt like we should be. Does that mean I want that or am I just thinking wrong?

"You good, honey?" Stormie asks, giving me a concerned look.

"What?" I ask, looking at her. Realizing that I spaced out for a bit, I shake my head again. "Yeah, sorry. I'm just a little... off today. Wasn't a good morning." I say, rubbing my forehead real quick. Stormie's eyes widen. "I don't mean like, well like what's been... never mind." I whisper. "Sorry, I'm seriously out of it right now." Angie and Shae laugh a little.